JBMario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I am a SX OS user for now, but considering switching to Atmosphere. With SX OS, I can create a custom XCI with base game + update + DLC. The interesting thing is that I can update the XCI later, so If a new update is released, I can remove the first update and include the new one.

With Atmosphere (and patches), NSP is the only solution. I tried to create NSP with game + update + DLC, but it’s a hit-or-miss. So I have to install each one manually. The thing is you can’t remove already installed updates. I mean you can with DevMenu, but I don’t think it has been updated for 7.x.

My question is: isn’t it a problem to have several updates for each games considering they can take a lot of space (when combined) on SysNAND or SD card? Thanks!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi,

I am a SX OS user for now, but considering switching to Atmosphere. With SX OS, I can create a custom XCI with base game + update + DLC. The interesting thing is that I can update the XCI later, so If a new update is released, I can remove the first update and include the new one.

With Atmosphere (and patches), NSP is the only solution. I tried to create NSP with game + update + DLC, but it’s a hit-or-miss. So I have to install each one manually. The thing is you can’t remove already installed updates. I mean you can with DevMenu, but I don’t think it has been updated for 7.x.

My question is: isn’t it a problem to have several updates for each games considering they can take a lot of space (when combined) on SysNAND or SD card? Thanks!
You can use devmenu on 7.0.x.
You can use nightly goldleaf which can remove updates and dlcs.
When a new update comes out, it contains the old ones + the new stuff, so it overrides it and adds the new stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf