Question About Injecting Save Files With JKSM

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Korotorok, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Korotorok
    OP

Korotorok Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2018
    United States
    Hey, sorry if this thread is redundant, tried looking around on all sorts of forums for a clear answer to this. I was wondering, when injecting a save file with JKSM, does it matter the format of the save file? I've seen different formats for games and not sure if it makes a difference or if JKSM converts them. And if so, for a US region, retail A Link Between Worlds cart, what format would I need? Thanks for reading and have a good one.

2. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    well Pokemon Games (core games) use "Main" no extension VC games can use a variety of format (.dat is most common some of them has a secure value file like Pokemon gb(C) vc btw you can export and inject between retail and digital no problem as for s/m going between the versions afaik you just need to change a few things via pkhex the main thing with that is changing the time offset (moon/UM is 12 hrs ahead of your system time) sorry for using pokemon as my main referance pretty much all i play on my 2ds I'm more of a PC guy

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted