Question about hacking a Japanese New 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Hylian-Hero, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Hylian-Hero
    OP

Hylian-Hero Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2014
    United States
    Hello! My friend is going to Japan and I told him to get me a Japanese New 3DS with Fire Emblem: if and Rhythm Heaven 3DS. I just wanted to know if there's anyway I can remove region locking on the Japanese New 3DS without Cubic Ninja? I heard that it's near impossible to find it in Japan and it costs an arm or a leg online
    Thanks!

2. marc00077

marc00077 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    Netherlands Antilles
    Catalunya
    Sky3ds may be cheaper?

3. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    The Japanese region has Cubic Ninja available on the eShop. :) It's only America and Europe/Australia that has only retail copies.

4. machinamentum

machinamentum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 5, 2015
    United States
    The download/purchase button is permanently disabled on the eShop (I have a Japanese N3DS). The only way I know of, besides Cubic Ninja, is using Ocarina of Time 3D with yellows8's oot3dhax. Still costs ~$40 online, but retail is usually ~$45 - $50 for the game so it's reasonable.

5. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Hahaha Nintendy's gettin' smarter! Yea, I spent 93 USD on my PAL copy of Cubic Ninja. $80 for the game itself and $13 shipping from Germany to the U.S. since I own a European N3DS Regular here in the states. I didn't really look anywhere else other than Amazon, because I know this game is disappearing everywhere really fast so I jumped in on it. I could have found it cheaper if I had actually looked harder, but at least I have it shipped and on it's way. When I had an American O3DS XL, I got Cubic Ninja for only $20 at GameStop on Memorial Day, which is when the game was at it's peak so I got lucky. It was the only copy in the entire state of Ohio out of all the GameStops. Drove 45 minutes just to get it. Sold it on Amazon for a little more, but much under the average price, because I was nice, after upgrading to a European N3DS. XL is just too big for me, it's just not portable enough, where the regular is comparable to my phone. I only had MH4U and Animal Crossing on my O3DS XL so losing the games were no big deal since I was able to rebuy them after a few weeks of getting my system.