krzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. Here is my question:

I got a 3DS with the 4.3 firmware.

If I use Gateway 3DS blue card to modify the firmware of my 3DS to launch backups then I update my 3DS to 4.5, will my 3DS brick?

Thanks you in advance.

-krzz

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. READ THE STICKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI none of the 3DS Hacking stickies have the information he's asking for.

As for an answer, I'm going with a strong no. The GW3DS Team would have given that information if it does. Just grab a newer rom, plonk it on the GW3DS and update to 4.5 that way.

krzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know what the stickies are talking about. But the Gateway 3DS is kinda new and on some french forums people say that it is bricking their 3DS.

I couldn't find an answer to my question on gbatemp so I am asking it in a new topic.

Edit: Thanks Devin, but the GW3DS team is not giving so many informations about their product. So I think that it's still possible and it scares me..

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what the stickies are talking about. But the Gateway 3DS is kinda new and on some french forums people say that it is bricking their 3DS.

I couldn't find an answer to my question on gbatemp so I am asking it in a new topic.

Interesting, do link the topics on the French forums?

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP say that the GW3DS blue card modify the firmware of your 3DS and if you try to update after you will just face a brick.

All I see is him saying the same thing everyone else has said -- update [past 4.5], and your Gateway 3DS is [as good as] dead.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
interesting considering the people that have the card now are known and how would someone random have the information?

Devin i will be testing this anyway so doesnt matter but shouldnt brick
as only affects DS mode the hack install i thought
hence why you have to install it again if you use DS Mode after applying the update

krzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
An update will overwrite our 3DS actual firmware.

If we already used the blue card on our 3DS then we update, even if it's 4.3 firmware to 4.5 it will still overwrite the blue card hack and maybe brick your console. That's why I made this topic.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
An update will overwrite our 3DS actual firmware.

If we already used the blue card on our 3DS then we update, even if it's 4.3 firmware to 4.5 it will still overwrite the blue card hack and maybe brick your console. That's why I made this topic.

so your assuming something thats not going to happen

pretty sure Gateway said it was find to use Gateway on 4.3
load up a game such as luigi's mansion 2
that will update the console to 4.5
then you can play the game fine

krzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
> Hello.

> Can we update from 4.0 to 4.5 with a game launch by the Gateway 3DS or do we need an original game?

> Thanks you.

right now you still need an original game.

[email protected]

Here is their answer.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-1000039-1589404-1-0-1-0-gateway-3ds-brickage-possible.htm

Here is the link.

OP say that the GW3DS blue card modify the firmware of your 3DS and if you try to update after you will just face a brick.

I wouldn't trust a lot from JVCOM's forums, unless there are real proofs...
But as they say in this topic : let's just wait if some "halp my nantando 3DS just showz a black screen" topics pop up, and don't try to update anything without knowing what we're doing ;)

EDIT : oh, and in this link, I think OP talks about the Gateway being bricked. In that case he isn't that wrong, since it's unuseable with >4.5 for now.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
I finally got an answer to my question from the GW3DS team.

We just can't update using the GW3DS. It won't work.

The only way to get to the 4.5 3DS firmware if you are in a lower firmware is to update with one legit game listed here :

http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-games-come-bundled-with-update-4-5-0.351084/#post-4707212 in the 4.5 section

Oh, that's a bad point for that card. They haven't written this in any blog post... So the Gateway isn't a nice way to just update to the specific firmware we want :(

krzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I was thinking that it was possible but here is the last e-mail that I have sent to them and their answer:

no you can't.

mailto:[email protected]

> Hello. My question was probably not clear so I will try to ask you again:

> My 3DS is actually on 4.3 firmware and I would like to update it to the 4.5 firmware.

> Can I run a game on the Gateway 3DS with the 4.5 update to update it? or do it will brick my 3DS?

> We all want to know that, but you are not talking about it on your website.
> It would be nice to tell everyone about it.

> Thanks you

Now we have to buy a game with the 4.5 update on it, if we're not on the 4.5 firmware.

f0rCe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I was thinking that it was possible but here is the last e-mail that I have sent to them and their answer:

Now we have to buy a game with the 4.5 update on it, if we're not on the 4.5 firmware.
Or you go to your video rental store and rent a game like dkcr for one day only! (If there is one in your hometown) ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1