Question about flashing the M3i Zero

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Kamika, Feb 19, 2010.

Feb 19, 2010
  1. Kamika

Member Kamika GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2009
    I'm planning to buy an M3i Zero so I can keep playing the games with anti piracy protection that my R4 and TTDS can't get around. But I was wondering: If my PC BSODs when I plug it in to flash the core firmware onto it, will it still continue to flash or will it stop? Kind if a silly question but I'm having some problems with my USB ports. It would totally suck if my Windows 7 would ruin the M3i Zero before I even get a chance to try it.

Another question: I have an USB charger for my MP3 player that I can use on a regular power socket. Would that also work?
  2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    United Kingdom
    IIRC on the M3i0 you only use the 'power' from a USB socket to allow the card to flash itself, no DATA is transferred through the lead - so as long as your usb socket stay 'live' there shouldn't be a problem

As for the USB/mains power socket - it should be OK.
    Such devices are usually designed to supply the correct voltage anyway

I myself use one of these plus a handful of USB charging cables for when I go on holiday, for each of my 'gizmos' that I take (Even MORE cables if I go with some1 else 'cos they usually have they're own stuff) - it takes less room in the case than a handful of dedicated chargers