Hacking question about external hdd used for wii homebrew

fadeyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I bought a wii with homebrew that came with an external hdd. It works in the wii I have played games from it. but i plug it into my computer and nothing it shows the hdd in device manager but not in my computer. I know its the file formatting so that makes sense I cant see it but it doesn't show up when I use the program to try to add games to it. I downloaded 2 programs (wbfs manager and i cant think of the other one I'm at work) to try neither of them see it as a listed hdd. I formatted a flash drive to see if I could see that in the program and I can got 2 games on it. So i dont know what I am doing wrong, I thought the program would recognize the hdd. Is there any other programs you can recommend to try?

also Its not updated to the highest update for the wii should i update it and reload homebrew or stay where I'm at?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the person that had it before you may have used ustealth on the drive. That program is meant to be used on the wii u so you do not get asked to format the drive. Basically it hides the drive from the wii u and pc. Search the wii u forum for ustealth. It's a program you run on the PC. After you un-hide the drive I can not think of any reason you would have to hide it again unless you are using a wii u.

fadeyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the person that had it before you may have used ustealth on the drive. That program is meant to be used on the wii u so you do not get asked to format the drive. Basically it hides the drive from the wii u and pc. Search the wii u forum for ustealth. It's a program you run on the PC. After you un-hide the drive I can not think of any reason you would have to hide it again unless you are using a wii u.

I don't have a wii u its a wii. I will try that when I get home though Thank you

fadeyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not help it does show up in that program though. It asks me if I'd like to hide it.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have not found a solution yet the drive could be using the wbfs format. Try using wii backup manager to see if that program will see it. Also if you have another source of games you could use a disk manager to format the drive to fat32 and then put all of your programs and games back on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show