Hacking Question Question about downgrade

elPrro01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello again. A few weeks ago I told you how my Nintendo Switch was updated to version 8.1.0 while my nephew transferred me an update of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Now I plan to restore a backup of the NAND made with Hekate in version 7.0.0, then update it to 8.1.0 and create an emuMMC with Atmosphere. That is why I would like to know what could happen in the console when doing this.

NOTE: My console now have 10 burnt fuses.

elPrro01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Why not just stay at 8.1.0 and instead doing the same with two extra steps (restore + update)?
Because my goal is to leave the sysNAND to be able to play online with my legally purchased games, while emuMMC would be used with NSPs and Homebrew.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can do what you described. After you downgrade to 7.0.0, however, you will be unable to boot your Switch without Hekate (or another bootloader) until you update back to 8.1.0.

It should also be noted that if your Switch was connected to the internet to perform a system update while the NAND was dirty, you might already be banned (or flagged to be banned at a future date).

elPrro01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Thanks everyone for your help. I have followed a guide published here to downgrade the console and now I can play Fortnite, Arena of Valor and Realm Royale again.

Also I created an emuMMC using Hekate to try some homebrew games and apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)