Question about cheat usage (SC-DSOne)

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Gamer, Nov 28, 2008.

Nov 28, 2008
  1. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    Hello!

First of all, sorry for making a new topic (cheat related), it's just I don't want to screw other similar topics.

Anyway. Just want to know something.

Everyone knows you can use a cheat code for Chrono Trigger (U) in order to work on most carts. But also heard you need to disable "Saver Patch" in SC-DSOne, meaning the save go to the SC-memory (PSRAM, i think?). So, you have to wait to a fix from the SC Team if you want to use the Saver Patch (like the Japanese version).

OK, gonna buy a Slot-1 soon, and i'm considering a SC-DSOne. What i want to know is, everytime you use a cheat (doesn't matter if is a fix for a game or not) you need to disable Saver Patch, OR this only applies for Chrono Trigger?

I'm asking this because I use cheats frequently, and I want to keep my saves on the SD Card to backup them.

Thanks a lot for your time [​IMG]

2. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    AFAIK.. you don't have to disable 'saver patch' for any game, or worry about save sizes, I'm pretty sure you don't have to with Chrono Trigger either, just the US version needs the 'cheat crack' untill the next update.

3. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
  4. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Honestly I don't know why you people bother with the US release since the Jap release CONTAINS ENGLISH LANGUAGE aswell. But I recommend you try running it WITH Patch Saver enabled if possible. PSRAM is unreliable. I only ever used it for a few days back when not even the Jap release would work and already it corrupted my save, along with a dozen other people's.

5. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    Yeah i know that... that's why i'm asking this... CT was only an example.

What i want to know is when using cheats in any other game, you'll have to disable patch saver? (I use cheats very frequently [​IMG])

Thanks

6. dipper145

Member dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    no you just enable cheats, and then run the game. Chronotrigger was just unique because it wasn't working applying the cheat in a normal fashion, so people tried some stuff to find something that worked, but it didnt really work properly anyway as saves got lost a lot of the time with patch saver off. Anyway, they quickly released their own fix for the game and now its working perfectly.