Hacking Question about a9lh and the dev firmware code named panda firmware

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was recently able to get the leaked dev firmware called panda (11.4) firmware. Seeing as I use CFW sysnand a9lh and have no emunand, would updating to this dev firmware remove a9lh? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't want to screw up and all that junk. And I do not have a spare micro sd card at the moment to create an emunand on to test this.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was recently able to get the leaked dev firmware called panda (11.4) firmware. Seeing as I use CFW sysnand a9lh and have no emunand, would updating to this dev firmware remove a9lh? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't want to screw up and all that junk. And I do not have a spare micro sd card at the moment to create an emunand on to test this.
If you are using Luma SysNand, you should be good to go: Luma blocks firm writes by default, and that's where A9LH is.

EDIT: However, it's a bit hard to say whether or not Luma will be able to generate a working firm for you, given you're using such an obscure firmware. Maybe it'll work..? No harm in trying. And if it weren't obvious, make sure you have a functional NAND backup, and if you restore it select "Keep A9LH" (or just restore SysNand if you're using Hourglass instead of Decrypt9)

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,
A

a9lh-1user

It would be much better IMHO to install an emuNAND to your SD card and play around with that!
It is very easy with emunand9.
Then change it to USA region (if you are on that region forget it!) with Plailect's guide.
Now you can install your dev firmware (even if you could do nothing good with it except you are a dev!).

Dont mess around with your original sysnand until you have a hardmod or you know EXACTLY what you are doing (even then it would be very risky!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse