Question about a DS Lite shim...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by astrangeone, Dec 11, 2009.

Dec 11, 2009
  1. astrangeone
    OP

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yeah, another weird situation. The same cousin who asked about slot-2 versus slot-1 flashcarts decided that he wanted a shim underneath his D-Pad and other buttons - like mine. I made mine using white glue and the kelvar in a floppy diskette. It does help when you are playing Mario Kart or Mortal Kombat - he has both games, and wants me to do it to his machine.

Problem is, I don't have any floppy disks left (most of mine were thrown out in a hissy fit by my mother), and I reason why I used kelvar is because it won't fray/left stuff behind when used. I thought of using cardboard/whatever, but as the system ages, the cardboard/whatever will shed weirdness into the machine.

So, got any ideas of what I can use? I'm not going to buy an entire fucking box of floppy disks just so I can do this to his machine.

Update: He did buy an Acekard 2i for himself, instead of relying on flashme and his slot 2 flashcard.

2. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I didn't know one could still buy floppy discs.

I can't really think of anyhting that would work better.

EDIT: Do you think you coulD post instructions on how you did this? I'd like to know and I'm too dumb to figure it out myself.

3. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Daft question maybe but... Shim?

4. Lord Ned

Newcomer Lord Ned Member

United States
    My guess is he's created a cross-shaped piece and stuck it between the buttons and the pad so that the buttons are a little tighter/bigger press response.

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Actually, I believe that it's used to make the pad act more like a joystick. It makes quarter-circle or half-circle combo movements a lot easier.

6. astrangeone
    OP

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yep. I'd post a tutorial, possibly after my exam. [​IMG]