[Question] 5.5.x Userspace

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SkittleDash, Mar 8, 2016.

1. SkittleDash
    OP

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Since the 5.5x progress thread hasn't been updated for awhile, is there anything new for 5.5.x userspace? Like the Nes emulator being compatible being one thing. Or is that the only thing?

2. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Theres not much new , theres an elf edition of asturoids , the nes emu is a POC really and therefor i havent bothered as yet to host it , i try to keep my eyes open on most things 5.5+ and host what i find thats in a useful state... theres not much , but the quality of what there is is very good for such a limited amount of memory .

3. SkittleDash
    OP

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    You could host. It'll be a nice quick way to test nes games. I have Wiiubru bookmarked. lol
    But other than that, thanks for the update! :)

4. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    im not certain on how it works , but i dont think you can locally load nes roms from it if it were hosted.

5. SkittleDash
    OP

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Oh yeeeeah... Didn't think of that.

6. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Yeah, it loads the rom from the same place it was hosted (same algorithm as the ELF loader) since we don't get access to the SD card in userspace mode. I mean, you could host a few games but it's not exactly going to be spectacular.

7. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    i wont be hosting games.