[Question] 3ds Simple CIA Converter "Freeze"?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheDuckMan64, Jan 17, 2016.

1. TheDuckMan64
    OP

TheDuckMan64 Chicken nugget.

Oct 9, 2015
    I have used this tools with a few other roms (MK7, Sims 3, OOT3D etc) and it works every time. However, when I tried to use a rom that I didn't dump myself, Harvest Moon 3D, the program refuses to do anything. I can't generate a ncchinfo file and clicking the "convert 3ds rom to CIA" button gives no error message, but no CIA is created.

2. Rhapsody

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    Are you generating the xorpads for the ROMs before attempting to convert them to CIAs?

3. TheDuckMan64
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    The ncchinfo.bin file won't even generate, so I can't make the xorpads. I only tried to do it without xorpads to see what would happen.

4. Rhapsody

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    Are you selecting the folder with all of your 3DS files? What happens when you try to convert them?

(And a side question, why convert them when you can find the CIAs themselves much easier and not have to waste time making the xorpads and converting the ROMs?)

5. TheDuckMan64
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Yes, I am selecting the folder with the roms. Nothing happens when I try to convert them, no error message or anything. We only get 15gb internet a month, so I can't really waste 700mb on one game.