Quake2 asking internet access

MightySashiman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Quake2 is asking me to turn off flight mode on launch. to check if I can run the game. Is this a common issue?
Since I have the latest HATS package, I reckon I have up to date SigPatches.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quake2 is asking me to turn off flight mode on launch. to check if I can run the game. Is this a common issue?
Certain games do this to purposefully stop piracy. An online check to verify you actually own the game. This is a form of DRM.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
You need to extract the main game nca file, extract that, load into ida - reverse engineer it, write a patch to bypass the online check, or wait for someone smart to release one for this game.
A quick look at the update file shows this:
Untitled.png

Probaby if you trace that function backwards - you will find what you are looking for.

Last edited by mrdude,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it's happening a lot of people.

For me this happens on system reboot as the games ticket is listed as 'temporary' and deletes itself. I then simply reinstall the ticket via DBI ticket backup or Tinfoil ticket install via game nsp.

Try installing the game with Tinfoil and if it still checks if it can be played try " installing ticket only" in Tinfoil

For people who can't launch the game AT ALL from a fresh install I don't know the solution.
IMG_20230816_001415_1.jpg

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
@Purpleshy guy, Tickets are used for unpacking the encrypted game (as far as I know). Maybe you can unpack the game and then repack and create a ticketless nsp file.

EDIT: Yep you can, as I just tried a decrypted repack - I posted a fix in a new thread though.

Last edited by mrdude,

gamba66

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last edited by gamba66,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 That's what uremum said, when I told her to go shower first. +1