Status
Not open for further replies.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Late night browsing and thought people might just be interested in this, taken from Twitter so enjoy.

For the followers out there.

=========================================================================================
quadforce v 0.1 FINAL by crediar
=========================================================================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quadforce allows you to run the Triforce arcade games Mario Kart GP and GP 2
on a Wii from a SD card. It can not run any GameCube games.

No other Triforce games are supported by this version.

There will be no source, this project is not based on DML in any way and
isn't using any GPL code except elfloader of which the source is supplied.

This will be the final public release, sadly this means you will be missing out
on the progress that was made since February, like USB support, wavebird support
and support for a few more games.

Install:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For real NAND users simply install the quadforce_v0.1.wad

For emu NAND users copy the 00000008.app file into /title/00000001/00000100/content

Use DiscEx to install the games to sd:/games

Uninstall:

For real NAND install a clean MIOS.wad

For emu NAND install a clean BC.wad

Controls:

Wavebird is NOT supported!

A: Item button, use items, can also be used as OK button
B: VS Cancel button, can do certain things depending on situation (read on-screen instructions)

Analog-Stick: used for steering
R: Acceleration
L: Breaks

Tapping L to jump on entering a turn and activates a drift, during which you'll be shielded from all attacks.

Thanks to tmbinc for most of the Triforce related information.

And a big FUCK YOU to all who leaked the previous version:

SHiN, KAiZoKu(WiiDemon), Hellboy2010(wiisos) and especially g0dliKe (the source) and JJ-KwiK.(darkumbra) You got what you wanted.

So here it is the TriiForce emulator, props to Crediar for releasing it dispite the drama.

Twitter link

http://t.co/dK5tL2ql

Full link

http://crediar.no-ip.com/quadforce-v0.1-cred.rar

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It only supports GP1 and GP2

I understand that this wad only supports certain games but will I have to reinstall cmios to get gamecube support back of does this thing run without interfering with my gamecube play

The quoted readme implies it replaces your MIOS just as DML does so I'm guessing it'll break all GC games.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waninkoko said:
"2008/09/19 - Congratulations! I don't care about who leaked Backup-Loader but now it's OFFICIALLY an abandoned project. Enjoy it. "

Maybe someone will pick up the pieces and cobble something together like what happened with the Wii backup loader. Though Waninkoko is more of a novice and this code is probably obfuscated.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waninkoko said:
"2008/09/19 - Congratulations! I don't care about who leaked Backup-Loader but now it's OFFICIALLY an abandoned project. Enjoy it. "

Maybe someone will pick up the pieces and cobble something together like what happened with the Wii backup loader. Though Waninkoko is more of a novice and this code is probably obfuscated.
Nope, won't happen. The source files will not be realeased.

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice to see it was finally released but I'm confused by the part where it says we'll be "missing out on progress since February". Does that mean it was all left unfinished or is it purposely being with held from this version? Either way, switching between GCN and the two mario karts sounds like it'll be a pain, but since Mios doesn't take too long to install it shouldn't be so bad. Still, it's great to see all the mayhem didn't see this burried away for good, though it's a shame it won't be continued to support F-Zero AX.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this now is really out, nice to see, I can already say if thats the beta version I tested then gp1 and gp2 work just perfectly fine :)

loco365

Trophies
XP
It only supports GP1 and GP2

I understand that this wad only supports certain games but will I have to reinstall cmios to get gamecube support back of does this thing run without interfering with my gamecube play

The quoted readme implies it replaces your MIOS just as DML does so I'm guessing it'll break all GC games.
That sucks. So I have to install my MIOS before I play Wind Waker, and then I have to install QuadForce to play Mario GP? Uggh.

donovan6000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone getting any sound at the opening videos for either of the mario kart gp games? Everything else is working fine for me except that.

niknice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I`m pretty new to this. I`ve installed the wad on my Wii and have all the required files and folder on my sd card, but how do I actually launch the loader/games?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wavebird works fine for me as well wit this version.. didnt see any game issues really at all

btw.. does anyone know if this supports multiplayer? does it take a 2nd player and split screen it? or is it a single player only game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: