• Likes 2

Kayday

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That isn't the problem - the company renting the game out payed for the game, when you borrow them - you help pay the lender for the game. The money the lender earns, helps to buy other titles to rent out - and guess what that means? The money goes to the devs. Clearly you haven't thought it through hard enough.

Ok so a game rental business buys one game for $60. Lets say they rent that out to 100 hundred people. The game dev got $60 instead of $6,000 because instead of those 100 people buying the game, they just rented it. The only ones benefiting are the renters and the game rental business, not the devs.

L

Lavanoid

Ok so a game rental business buys one game for $60. Lets say they rent that out to 100 hundred people. The game dev got $60 instead of $6,000 because instead of those 100 people buying the game, they just rented it. The only ones benefiting are the renters and the game rental business, not the devs.

Wrong again. The money they get back for the game goes towards the purchase of another game - so the devs benefit. The profit gained, helps feed the peoples families who work at the renting company. Seriously - how inconsiderate can you get?

Homebrew != Piracy. Usermode is more than enough.

Coming from the guy who created this topic :

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/

Inb4, I'm not doing it for piracy ?

Clearly some people don't know the definition of homebrew.

Reactions: filfat

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, more my own. ima dev you know ;)

That's nice, but, I couldn't care less as that has no relevancy to the debate at hand, so, why bring it up? You white knight sycophants are all the same, impose your agenda on thousands of people, I'm sure it'll work, it's an infallible plan after all. You're a developer, whoop dee shit.

Ignore him, he's trying to kiss the OP's butt :creep:

Hacking/modding consoles for homebrew hasn't exactly been legalized either. Don't say one is legal and the other is illegal when both are grey area.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Pretty sure Nintendo could give you a nice lecture why Homebrew and hacking their devices is wrong, since this is morality 101.

Clearly some people don't know the definition of homebrew.

Doesn't make it anymore legal.

Also don't you care about their work so much that you approve of hacking their device that the put so much effort in creating ?

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Not if you dont pay for the product... Morality 101
I don't really see a moral or immoral outcome here. Considering the circumstances mentioned earlier, one of two things will happen:
A - I copy a balloon = no profit nor loss.
B - I don't buy a balloon = no profit or loss.

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're so stupid as to ask that question you'll probably be incapable of understanding any answer given. In short to address your silly self self righteous posturing is a total waste of time.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
That's nice, but, I couldn't care less as that has no relevancy to the debate at hand, so, why bring it up? You white knight sycophants are all the same, impose your agenda on thousands of people, I'm sure it'll work, it's an infallible plan after all. You're a developer, whoop dee shit.

Ignore him, he's trying to kiss the OP's butt :creep:

Hacking/modding consoles hasn't been legalized either.

Actually, its 100% legal in EU.

And no, im not "kissing 3 ops ass" im trying to protect the industry i will be working in for the next 60 years...

Reactions: Lavanoid

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, its 100% legal in EU.

And no, im not "kissing 3 ops ass" im trying to protect the industry i will be working in for the next 60 years...

And I don't live in the EU, so, therefore, you can't tell me what to do because I live in the US, your laws have no effect on what I do over here. Now please, spare me your morality lecture bullshit, please. I'm sick of it. Dev or not, don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do. Okay? Okay.

L

Lavanoid

Pretty sure Nintendo could give you a nice lecture why Homebrew and hacking their devices is wrong, since this is morality 101.

Doesn't make it anymore legal.

I never said it did. The person making the previous statement was saying that homebrew meant piracy. Clearly not.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
But I don't live in the EU, so, therefore, you can't tell me what to do because I live in the US, I do what I want and people like you aren't my mother. Spare me your morality lecture bullshit, please. I'm sick of it.

Have fun getting Sued, cheers!

Reactions: Lavanoid
L

Lavanoid

I don't really see a moral or immoral outcome here. Considering the circumstances mentioned earlier, one of two things will happen:
A - I copy a balloon = no profit nor loss.
B - I don't buy a balloon = no profit or loss.

Ah but there is - if you really wanted the baloon, you would've paid for it. If you couldn't copy it but you really wanted it, you'd pay for it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have fun getting Sued, cheers!

Well, gonna add you to the list of people I've blocked, enjoy!:creep: Sorry, don't care. Stay the hell away from me, okay? :)

Edit:
Lavanoid Sorry, don't give a shit, I have my opinions, I can hack my consoles, and you people can't tell us what to do, sorry.

L

Lavanoid

And I don't live in the EU, so, therefore, you can't tell me what to do because I live in the US, your laws have no effect on what I do over here. Now please, spare me your morality lecture bullshit, please. I'm sick of it. Dev or not, don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do. Okay? Okay.

Well, if its legal in the dudes region - then it's ok. But since it's not, in your region - you don't have the right to hack your console or the right to an opinion about it.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pirate music:
"Well you still got a fair amount of money by touring, we're going to publish your next album for sure."

Pirate movie:
"Well it still had a great run on theaters, we're going to give it a sequel for sure.

Pirate a game:
"Well that sucks, guess we aren't publishing a sequel to your game. RIP franchise."

I have nothing against piracy - but people who try justifying it pisses me off. You can't compare videogame piracy to movies or music, as that's not their main way of getting paid. If a game doesn't sell? Well, too bad.

It sickens me when somebody goes out of their way to pirate a good indie game that needs every penny it gets, and often they're just $10 games. Come the fuck on.

Kayday

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wrong again. The money they get back for the game goes towards the purchase of another game - so the devs benefit. The profit gained, helps feed the peoples families who work at the renting company. Seriously - how inconsiderate can you get?

You do know that the rental business are not game developers right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over