[Q] Is this portable to the 3DS? SSH Client

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by WhoAmI?, Jul 21, 2015.

1. WhoAmI?
    OP

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Could this be ported to the 3DS or am I missing something? https://github.com/f2008700/SSH

If we had a SSH client, we could potentially make some sort of library that other apps could use, right? That could mean that we might have file managers that let us connect via SSH, to access remote documents (SFTP, I believe).

What you think?

2. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    Anything can be ported, but the talent has to be there to do it. Honestly, it would probably be better to just make a service in the fashion of BusyBox, and have other apps use it. That way, when it's updated, the older apps that don't get updated don't miss the improvements to the SSH code. Seeing as SSH is pretty light-weight until it's being used to transfer large files, it would probably work extremely well without taking too many cycles away from other apps, or eating unnecessary power.

But yeah, we'll see I guess, I know I can't do it, at this time anyway, ha ha

WhoAmI? likes this.
  3. Bobbery18

Bobbery18 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't FTPony/FTBrony do that? I'm pretty sure you can SSH into your 3DS (at least the stuff on the SD card) with it.

4. william341

william341 Last remaining VinsClone

Dec 26, 2014
    United States
    uhh

5. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    That's FTP.

Anyway, don't see why an SSH client isn't possible.

Gadorach likes this.
  6. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Surely it depends on the actual OS running on the 3DS. SSH is a remote text-based shell client. It will only work if the OS actually provides a terminal.

7. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    AFAIK the 3DS doesn't have a text shell.
    Anyway that is only relevant if someone's trying to make a SSH server.

8. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought the OP was asking if a SSH client could be used to connect to the 3DS.