[Q] Gateway 3.4.1 - Cannot Boot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by stompysan, Oct 23, 2015.

1. stompysan
    OP

stompysan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    I am having an issue with my Gateway cart, and I am wondering if anyone had any advice. I recently updated to the latest launcher.dat (3.4.1), and ever since doing this, I am unable to boot into Gateway mode. I am 100% using a legitimate card. I am able to boot into the Gateway menu, but I cannot boot to Gateway mode at all. Running the diagnostic test, it fails every test. I installed the system menu exploit again, and redownloaded the launcher, just to be safe. I also cleaned the contacts on the cart, as they were a little dirty. This did not fix the issue, though. The SD card in the Gateway cart is working fine, as well. I have also tried rolling back to an older launcher file, and it still fails. I am thinking my red cart may have failed. Does anyone have any other advice for me to try and get this working?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Probably won't help but try holding R and getting the cart to reupdate?

3. cocoPika

cocoPika GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    Canada
    you can also try to use the format function in GW menu

4. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    This is probably your best bet. Or maybe the cart isn't making proper contact. Seems odd it would happen so suddenly

5. stompysan
    OP

stompysan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    Definitely think my card is gone. Using R to force it to update gave me the following. Still not functioning. I also tried formatting my 3DS SD card and the Gateway microSD, and that didn't solve anything. Thinking I may just have to switch over to CFW.

Attached Files: