[Q] DS Fire Link flashcard on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Yepi69, May 7, 2017.

1. Yepi69
    OP

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Hello, a friend of mine knows how much of a geek I am and gave me this very old flashcard that I've never heard of, a DS Fire Link flashcard.
    It runs fine on a DS Lite but the 3DS doesn't even recognize it, I managed to boot it using TWLoader and I got an error message "bootstrap not found, press start"
    I know it's a very old flashcard and I already have a DSTT but is there any way to run this flashcard on a N3DS?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Try launching it with this instead:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

Create a INI file in a NDS folder on root of SD of your 3DS and make sure it contains this:

Code:
    [NTRLAUNCHER]
    DISABLEANIMATION = 0
    HEALTH&SAFETY_MSG = 1
    LANGUAGE = -1
    NTRCLOCK = 1
    ENABLESD = 0
    TWLMODE = 0
    RESETSLOT1 = 0

If it white screens, try enabling the RESETSLOT1 option.

Quantumcat and Yepi69 like this.
  3. Yepi69
    OP

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I didn't need to create the INI, after installing the .cia it booted right up, thanks!

Apache Thunder likes this.
  4. Apache Thunder

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Good to know this works on that. DS Fire Link is a clone of N-Card...or N-Card is a clone of that...or a clone of DS Linker....lol Which ever the case is, the fire card and N-Card are closely related and I was wondering if the N-Card would work this ...and it probably does seeing that the Fire Link does. :P

You should still probably setup the INI file though. You can do things like toggle the boot animation and enable TWL clock speeds for DS games. Some games had some frame rate issues that could be helped by that.

Last edited by Apache Thunder, May 8, 2017
    OrGoN3 likes this.
  5. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Just be careful as some homebrew doesn't work properly with TWL clock speeds. Look at NeoDS as an example.

6. Yepi69
    OP

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Ohh that sounds sweet but since I use my DSTT instead of this flashcard, I would prefer having TWL over NTR for games that I run off it.

EDIT: Also, what's the name of the INI file I should create?

Last edited by Yepi69, May 8, 2017
  7. Apache Thunder

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Name of the INI file should be ntr_launcher.ini. Be sure it's in a folder named "nds".

Yepi69 likes this.
  8. Yepi69
    OP

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Does this work with forwarders? Cuz I got plenty of them.

EDIT: I supposedly activated TWLMODE by typing 1 infront of that line but that didn't speed up games, if anything there was a double border on the bottom of the touch screen.

Last edited by Yepi69, May 8, 2017
  9. Apache Thunder

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Probably not. Though the forwarder that TWLoader uses is a fork of NTR Launcher so it's likely you just don't have something setup right when trying TWLoader. Did you make sure it's the latest version? Contact Robz8 about your issue. Perhaps It's a compatibility issue with TWLoader if you are already using latest build.

10. Yepi69
    OP

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    It is the latest version but I always had a hard time configurating TWLoader, its a bit tad confusing.

11. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    I've gotten NTR Launcher to successfully boot into my N-Card 2.55 menu, but only the once. Since then it's been white screens no matter what I do on both my old and new 3DS. Even more puzzling is that the card works perfectly fine on my tank DS