Puzzle Kingdoms

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by xenobreak, May 6, 2009.

May 6, 2009

Puzzle Kingdoms by xenobreak at 9:01 PM (3,304 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. xenobreak
    OP

Newcomer xenobreak Member

United States
    I cant seem to find the Wiki for this game but on various websites it says the release date was May 4th-5th 2009.

I haven't really read much about it but it looks like it will be better than Puzzle Quest Galactrix. I personally cant wait to try it out for DS [​IMG]

2. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    After the disappointment Galactrix left me with, I'm looking forward to this, too.

It reminds me a bit of that PC Shareware game where you control pirate sword fights using a puzzle game more than Puzzle Quest, though, from the screenshots and trailers I've seen of it.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Gamestop says, "Usually ships within 24 hours", but no stores within 100 miles of me have it.

Maybe in a couple days....

4. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's by the guy who made Puzzle Quest. (Apparently, Galactrix isn't.) So suddenly I do have high hopes for it.

5. Lacedolphin

Newcomer Lacedolphin Member

United States
    I've been checking everyday since monday for this and can't find it, dumped or in stores. [​IMG] wonder if anyone has it yet?

6. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the buzz on the web is that its worse then Galactrix , more of the lock gates and lack of ai, also it has bad touch contols which really drove me nuts with galactrix

the maker of the game
    http://forums.infinite-interactive.com/showthread.php?t=4839
    "
    Interestingly, we found during testing that when the AI moved groups of men around the board, it just confused 90% of our audience. They were much happier when it was totally passive and they just had to buy troops, customize their kingdoms and attack.

Cheers

-Steve "

7. Lacedolphin

United States
    Still can't find a copy or dump. I have played the demo and even though its not what i had expected, I would still like to give it a shot. I seem to love puzzle games that are a bit larger with at least some story line even if it is stupid. Even though everyone else seems to hate leapgate hacking, I don't mind it at all. In fact I prefer hacking and mining to fighting. Nothing has even come close to PQ1 and may never, but if its at least in the ball park I'll give it an honest try.

8. Rayder

United States
    Gamestop still doesn't show it anywhere around me.

What the hell is going on with DS releases at stores and the scene lately? I'm noticing games taking forever to arrive in stores, dumps taking forever to show up on ROM sites (after scene release data comes out) and anticipated games getting pushed back.....oh, but no lack of shovelware, of course. [​IMG] What's up with that? Is it all the recession crap or what? Geez. [​IMG]

Or is the DS scene just getting tired and less people care about it anymore?

9. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Only thing I can think of is poor shipping.....

10. Lacedolphin

United States
    my local gamestop supposed to have gotten a shipment friday, hopefully it will be dumped soon, its only 20 bucks though,not too bad

11. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Admittedly, this is my first real year with the DS release scene, but I have been following things like the comic book scan scene or the anime fansub scene in the past.

I have to say, especially after the March we had this year, the scene is doing pretty strongly. So many of the games that came out we had within a day or so and some we even had early, like the Wolverine game last week which, along with Super Robot Taisen, were pretty much the biggest releases of the past 30 days.

I'm sure we'll see a bit of a dip in releases of little known titles that might be considered shovelware, and we saw that over the winter with games like Tropix and Burger Island, with the various shuffling of release groups out there today. But most major releases have received a quick and thorough dump lately.

12. Lacedolphin

United States
    I liked the demo but still can't find the game. Anyone got a rom number so I can look it up? Thanks!

13. Rayder

United States
    [​IMG]

Dude! Haven't you been reading this thread? It hasn't been dumped yet!

Go here and put in your zip code:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=74038

Is it showing at any stores near you?

14. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If only there was a website somewhere that listed releases along with rom numbers, so you would know as soon as it was released and could look it up using that. [​IMG]

15. Lacedolphin

United States
    Ruri, that was the idea, would make it lots easier to track.

and Dude!! ( Ok, I'm not a dude but we will go with it [​IMG] ) I don't troll every single rom site and I was not the only one looking for a legit copy either. If you didn't know the answer to my question, you might just wanna shhhh, makes you look like a idiot. [​IMG]

16. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Why would it have a rom number if it hasn't been dumped? And release lists are abound, theres one at *the rom site i frequent* one at gamefaq stating official game releases for all three regions(though it may be unreliable).

Edit: oh didn't see rayder's post... wait is that the facepalm emoticon OMG!

17. borka

Newcomer borka Advanced Member

Russia
    I believe there is a world-wide conspiracy with puzzle kingdoms. [​IMG] Online magazines state that it is in stock since 5th of May - no dump. (My local store will not have it for 1-2 months - thanks to our dealers and customs).

PC version is definitely out, but no release either [​IMG]

18. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    We just have to wait patience is a virtue [​IMG]

And we should not turn this into another topic about dumping(like the naruto shinobi retsuden 3 thread)

19. borka

Newcomer borka Advanced Member

Russia
    Well, returning partially to on-topic.

I've played couple of times the PC demo. It does look good unlike Galactrix, puzzle mechanic is interesting, battles I'd say are more strategic. And hero/army customization looks promising.

My main concern is with its NDS implementation - if they use the same devkit library as with Galactrix, the game will be unplayable on my NDS (and on some percentage of other DSes due to the bug in this free open-source library).

BTW, there is one more puzzle/RPG game announced "Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes". Screenshots look strange and ... different from puzzle quest/kingdoms.

20. xenobreak
    OP

Newcomer xenobreak Member

United States
    There is a PC release going around now [​IMG]