Puyo Puyo Tetris question

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Zhongtiao1, May 13, 2017.

1. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    During the adventure mode, the voice acting is actually pretty good, the voices seem to match the personalities.

The problem I am having is during the actual gameplay. I downloaded the japanese demo before buying as I wanted to play more than one round at a time, but I am in the USA and got the USA version. Is there a way to get the japanese sounds back in the game? If not, are the alternate voices closer to the japanese ones?

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

2. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    What ? Can't you bare playing a game in your own language ? What is it with people, playing a game in a foreign-noise-full language ?

Pip'

3. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    I'm fine with games in english, it's just when you play a game in a different language first and you get used to it, everything else feels off.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  4. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Sega does not give option for dual audio. I know the English audio is not that great during gameplay which is why I shelled out extra money for digital Japanese version of the game. I can't read the text as well as English but playing it is like angel's kiss.

Not that I am advocating doing this - just saying it is currently the only way to do it. Alternative voices are not even meant to sound "more like japanese" apparently you hardly can tell the difference while in Japanese they are somewhat different take - say, if you find video comparision of Rulue's Japanese and Alternative Japanese voices you'd get what they are like for all characters who have alternative voice.
    The cards are stacked a little since Japanese voice actors usually reign with a wide range while Western voice actors are more or less typecast - which I do not hate entirely I love troy baker as troy baker in most things troy baker is troy baker in. Just that in case of Puyo Tetris the directing seems to be weakest link really.

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    The alternate voices are just the same English voice actor doing the lines, but with a different intonation/feel to them. More angry, more chill, that sort of thing.

Chizko likes this.
  6. Zhongtiao1
    OP

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    I finally broke down and bought the japanese version, this time on cartridge.

7. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Yeah, one thing that is in japanese version is a cheat code to unlock everything if you do not want to unlock them for yourself.

8. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    It works on the english version as well

9. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Because people want to.

Zhongtiao1 likes this.
  10. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    That is nice. I heard someone claim it didn't so I just took their word for it.