Question Purchased Switch off craigslist next step?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by karkid, Jan 18, 2019.

1. karkid
    OP

karkid Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2019
    Cameroon
    I apologize in advance if this is not allowed,

just purchased a switch of craigslist for retail. So thought I'd give it a shot. XAW1000142, but running 6.2 firmware, is this capable of being modded? IF so could someone point me in the direction of where to start thanks

2. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Let me just drop this here:

karkid likes this.
  3. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    karkid likes this.
  4. daniele728

daniele728 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2019
    Italy
    You can also think to buy NS-atmosphere is cheaper than OS SX and can me programmed everytime you want to put every payload you want. I think is the best solution at the moment.

5. rmorris003

rmorris003 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2008
    Canada
    I guess you didn't even bother to browse the forums since you created this thread but look around and educate yourself.

PyroGoat likes this.
  6. pyrotechnicmonkey

pyrotechnicmonkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    United States
    Try getting an RCM loader from ebay for amazon. Comes with a jig and can load payloads. Really cheap at 13 dollarsish. You can also just buy a jig on amazon with prime to get into RCM mode and push payload via computer if you are to impatient to wait for ebay shipping. You dont need the dongle but itis nice to have if you travel and your switch shuts off so you ccan easily push payload to boot into custom firmware.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This guide worked for me and was easy to follow.

Last edited by pyrotechnicmonkey, Jan 22, 2019
  7. Sm0k3r83

Sm0k3r83 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Sm0k3r83 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 16, 2018
    Canada
    or u could use atmosphere which is free and use ur cellphone to send the payloads. I dont see the point of having a dongle to do it if your already carrying a phone around with you

8. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    I've used both and the dongle is so much better and more convenient. It skips the step of attaching a cable and launching an app, which may not seem like a big deal, but is if you're actively home-brewing your switch on a regular basis. Like me. :P

SuzieJoeBob likes this.