XP
Country
United States
Check this out:

10784_48e468fa5fb9a_thumbnail.jpg
10784_48e4696160525_thumbnail.jpg
10784_48e46961c7ca4_thumbnail.jpg
10784_48e469623265b_thumbnail.jpg

Now this is something to be excited for. It looks like this is going to be a direct remake.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Probably not a remake, just same characters.. like Super Punch-out..

Well, the original game is very fun to play.. even today with outdated graphics, it's a great game.

Also, IMO, boxing is the most fun game on WiiSports (it's also the less accurate but still fun), if they can give us something like that with more accurate controls, this game alone will be worth my Wii purchase
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really, really, REALLY want a DS version of Punch-Out. I've wanted a DS version since the day the DS launched.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they have both normal and motion controls just in case they are too stiff like Wii Sports or just broken like victorious boxers. Options please.

To me it's looking with Kaiser, Joe, Hippo from those shots, and also seeing the placement of the heart meter and the word ROUND that it could be a recreation of the original. At the least they're not going back to the broken setup of the SNES game with just one round to finish it. When they did that, then forced you to use an entirely canned script to do each battle combined with some truly cheap (spitting) or stupid (clown balls and kicking) crap I hung up the gloves.

The gameplay video that exists and the images look to me that it's back to the good setup with rounds, the ability to mix up your attacks, and some 'moderately' scripted things like popping that fat bastard hippo in the gut to win, or just brawling it out with kaiser and joe to finish it.

I'm actually psyched for this release.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I really liked the snes punch out... Even with all the scripting
tongue.gif

And maybe (just maybe) we will see a a virtual console in DSi. If the screen is bigger, maybe the NES screen fits perfectly now, and nintendo would release NES games (and maybe GB/C games too
tongue.gif
).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol