OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i'm trying to get pal punchout to work on NTSC/J console. I tried USB loader but just got black screen. Burnt it the first time, black screen, launched with Gecko, got error 2, patched error 2, got some other genaric error. Launched with new Gecko 1.9.1, got black screen.

Bad download or wiikey problems?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, Gecko OS 1.9 should be working(in theory). But you must not force the video mode! If it gets black&white then, it's acutally working but not in the video mode you want. Remember to mention that if you are asking for help about it then.

Did you try to force a language that is used by the game? Since it's PAL, i would suggest to try english, german, french and spanish.

Gecko OS 1.9 will most likely only be able to play COMPLETELY unpatched discs because the game will most likely use IOS38,IOS53 or IOS55 which are all trucha patched.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U here with 3.2 and manual madworld updates of the IOS5x's wads, made a usb launcher channel of it NTSC mode IOS249 (I'm running waninkoko's IOS249 Rev10) and it loads fine, just played through about 6 boxers. Maybe try to force video mode? Mine flashed green on loading then was black for 3 seconds then remote screen came up.

billyrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i would trust download wii torrent the way they rip it and have it loaded i rather just rent it from gamefly and rip it

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
This game will not be able to work on NTSC/J machines no matter what you do. Same as EA Sports active. Wait for an NTSC release.

I have the US release and it still gives me a black screen upon startup. (3.2J)

Is this game meant to have any updates on it?

kuwakodono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here, Wii-J and NTSC-U Punch Out gives black screen. Updated IOS and everything and doesn't work. Do I need System Menu 4?

rinnycoop121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently downloaded Punch.Out.USA.Wii-CLiiCHE and it still will not run for me i keep getting stuck at the green screen.

any ideas

Running Wii 4.0U NTSC using gamma 0.3

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Get SoftChip R98 and enable Country String patching. The next NeoGamma version (R3) will also have this feature(somehwen in 12 hours).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ