Punch-Out Delay Dodging?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sir_Shaggy, May 22, 2009.

May 22, 2009

Punch-Out Delay Dodging? by Sir_Shaggy at 5:44 PM (799 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Sir_Shaggy
    OP

Member Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Anyone else notice a delay in the dodging in Punch-Out!! using the sideways controller setup? I find when you hit any of the d-pad directional dodging techniques, there is a delay that is small enough to cause frustration trying to beat some of the fighters. Comparing to the NES and SNES versions, the Wii version feels like the dodging has more animation to move and less quickness to it. In other words, little mac has slowed down over the years.

Sometimes I find myself dodging after the fact I get hit, even thou I hit the dodge button before the blow and the game is trying to catch-up to my commands. At one point I had about 4 dodges queued up and I had to stop hitting the controller for a second or two for mac to stop moving around. I think the wireless controller response time might be the problem but I want to see if anyone else feels the same about the dodging mechanics of the game.

2. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

I have only tried the motion controller setup. I have only beaten the minor circuit because I only played for like 20 mins 2 days ago. I'm disappointed with this controller setup. I heard the actual controller works much much better. Does it also use the classic controller? I have one of those. I guess I'll play some more and finish the game. It seems easy so far.

3. steviekeyz

Newcomer steviekeyz Member

United States
    really?

I like the setup with the wiimote and nunchuck, pretty simple to me, as for the dodging. i played it on the original disc and a burned copy and they both played perfectly. but yeah its not like nes where u can spam the dodge button. when you get to don flamenco he does the most insane delayed uppercut i've ever heard of lol worse than tyson. overall fun game and p.s. if you want a real challenge try it with the board... haha. game aint really that hard overall tho.

4. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I have no problem with the dodging. Figuring out the timing was always the key to Punch Out! Man this game brings back memories.

Trying to beat Sandman right now. Such a pain in the ass.