Hacking PSX2PSP settings for CFW 6.35 PRO?

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
OP
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having a lot of trouble getting custom PSX eboots to work on 6.35 PRO B7 on my PSP 2000. I've heard conflicting reports that they work, that they don't work, etc.
Anyway, I was using a version of Tales of Phantasia that I converted myself via the lovely guide on PSX2PSP, and it wasn't working (black screen).

However, I found another copy of the game that the creator claims he created using PSX2PSP that works with 6.35, and oddly enough it does on my PSP.

I was wondering if there is a setting or value I have to make games work on 6.35 via PSX2PSP. It apparently can be done, but I'm missing it.

I can't link to where I found it because the site hosts warez.

solidsnake13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes just changing the compression rate can make a game work. Castlevania has that problem at level 10, but once you set the compression to 5, it works perfectly.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did an extensive test of Phantasia at various compression rates and it should work without a problem. My copy is cleanly ripped and english patched myself, and converted. I used PSX2PSP v1.4.2.

What are the steps you take when doing it yourself?

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
OP
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
demonicstrife said:
I actually did an extensive test of Phantasia at various compression rates and it should work without a problem. My copy is cleanly ripped and english patched myself, and converted. I used PSX2PSP v1.4.2.

I usually just take the iso/bin and compress it to 4. That's it. It might be that 6.20/6.35/6.39 have issues with custom made eboots.
I did find another version of Phantasia that did work; I could just have had a bad rip or something, but I swear it was working on 5.50 Prom-4.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
rad140 said:
demonicstrife said:

I usually just take the iso/bin and compress it to 4. That's it. It might be that 6.20/6.35/6.39 have issues with custom made eboots.
I did find another version of Phantasia that did work; I could just have had a bad rip or something, but I swear it was working on 5.50 Prom-4.

The game ID could have potentially been different (they can be problematic). Although that wouldn't matter on 5.50 Prome-4, since the PSX compatibility is very high, it is lower to an extent the higher up you go into the CFW.

Just have to ask: did you convert the file to a different format before trying to make the EBOOT? I discovered that PSX2PSP only really works with PSX games left in the format they were ripped in.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
OP
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
rad140 said:
demonicstrife said:

The game ID could have potentially been different (they can be problematic). Although that wouldn't matter on 5.50 Prome-4, since the PSX compatibility is very high, it is lower to an extent the higher up you go into the CFW.

Just have to ask: did you convert the file to a different format before trying to make the EBOOT? I discovered that PSX2PSP only really works with PSX games left in the format they were ripped in.

I believe the ID was correct for Phantasia. The original file was a .bin to which the English patch has been applied to. So I don't believe anything had been changed.
I have a bunch of other custom eboots that I haven't tried yet, but I do know that a custom eboot of Silent Hill was also not working, though the PSN version does.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't just use PSX2PSP....try other conversion tools too.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
OP
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Don't just use PSX2PSP....try other conversion tools too.

I have. Popstation GUI, and AutoPopstation. No luck.
It's probably something with PRO's lack of Popstation/custom eboot support (for now).

Just wait until the Popstation plugin comes out, I guess.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Try one which doesn't use a GUI...they can break things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv