Gaming PSX2PSP Help

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, just got a PSP and could do with some help trying to get FFVII running on my PSP. I have my PSP running 5.50 GEN-D2 and have converted Disk 1 of my original PAL, Platinum FFVII disk into a PSP Eboot with all pal to NTSC patches applied but when I boot it in the PSP all I get is a black screen. This also happened for my Speed Freaks Eboot so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'm using PSX2PSP v1.4, do I maybe have to download an extra plugin or program to load them with a better compatibility?

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If it has copy protection explain why I can rip the disk straight from my PC?

It says that it works in 3.03OEC but the screen gets cut off if you use stretching...any chance of getting an explanation as to what 3.03OEC means?

Speed freaks has no entry
frown.gif

You being a PAL guy like myself, can you explain to me how to get this disks to work without resoting to finding eboots off torrent sites?

MZ EXE.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think he was looking that the FFVIII which says the following,

QUOTE(Final Fantasy VIII/8 | SLES-02080 | PAL-E) said:
PAL versions of FFVIII are copy-protected; in order to play them, it's necessary to fix the images with a PPF patch (use PPF-O-Matic 3.0 to apply the patch) before converting them into eboots. Game works with more or less the same flaws afflicting the NTSC version, fixable with the GameID workaround. (3.71 M33'3 by PerfectCircle)

Edit: to patch the PAL version of FFVIII (and FFVII for that matter) search for an app called PatchIt (DCEmu has some of the files necessary) and Zapper / Zapper2000 (not sure on this one though it may just fix the screen position between PAL and NTSC). - Keikura
It does look like you do need to patch it, also try Popsloader (Plugin) it maybe might run it at 3.71.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did find that plugin, I didn't quite understand the instructions (google translator
tongue.gif
) but I figured out that you need to unpack the whole firmware to get the one file and place it in the correct place. Not sure where exactly I place the firmware file I want unpacked in my memory stick (which is only 1gb at the moment so i have to keep swapping everything around) Any chance someone could explain it fully to me?

Have found Zapper 2000 and Patch-It but do not understand them. When I use Zapper it searches and finds patches but the "apply zap" button appears to create a .zap file while Patch-It is annoying as it does not understand ISOs and wants me to rip them again as .bin

MZ EXE.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
I did find that plugin, I didn't quite understand the instructions (google translator
tongue.gif
) but I figured out that you need to unpack the whole firmware to get the one file and place it in the correct place. Not sure where exactly I place the firmware file I want unpacked in my memory stick (which is only 1gb at the moment so i have to keep swapping everything around) Any chance someone could explain it fully to me?

Have found Zapper 2000 and Patch-It and am making them patch my Disk-1 Iso. Here's hoping it helps, if not I will attempt the popsloader plugin if somebody explains it to me.
I'd recommend you get a pre-made popsloader with all the essential files if you really don't understand any of the firmware unpacking, a simple google search should give you what you need, be sure popsloader is compatible with 5.50 GEN.

Once you got it just enable it and when running any PS1 game a screen should pop up before the game is loaded.

It will look something like this,

27247popsloader00321760.png

Just choose a firmware to run the game and it should run. FFVII is mostly known to work properly at 3.71

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Found a full pack and installed it but still not working. Cannot for the life of me figure out the patchers, Zapper does nothing just creates a .Zap file of the patch the file needs and I don't know what PPF file I need

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And how would I go about doing that? Presumably with the patchers mentioned earlier? I need to find a patch and something to install then, PPF-o-Matic wants a bin file so I can't use that.

Thanks for the help so far anyway.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried that and it didn't work however I do now know the problem lies in them being PAL isos as I converted an NTSC iso with no problem, I may be forced to pirate the NTSC versions for ease of use.

Converting iso from PAL to NTSC has not worked once so far so I am at a loss and am downloading FFVII in NTSC at the moment.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, done that but its a BIN+Cue file (hopefully PSX2PSP will understand that) also trying Spyro 3 which is confirmed working in a PS1 emulator as I tested first.

Also, PSX2PSP has started crashing once finished...

Right, SPyro 3 ripped from UK PAL Disk confimed working in ePSxE and converted raw with all PAl2NTSC patches selected in PSX2PSP DID NOT WORK! but the FFVII iso I downloaded and coverted DOES WORK! I am baffled as to why I can't get any of these to work on my PSP

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't help. Most games have no PAL entry and the ones that do cite as working after anti-piracy patching etc.

Running it in another emu proves that the ISO has no faults so I still have no idea what is wrong.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Right just confirm if the following works:

Rip Spyro 3 with Alcohol (the free version will do). Choose the ISO format for simplicity, although BIN/CUE is probably fine too.
Fire up PSX2PSP 1.4.2 and convert the disc image you have to an eboot.pbp. (Ignore the options menu and patches)
Then place that eboot into a folder named Spyro and place in PSP\GAME.
Try running.

Edit - What other PSX games aside from the Final Fantasy games have you tried?

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried FFVII, Spyro 3 and Speed Freaks. Will try using alcohol and ignore patches.

Slight problem, Alcohol 120% only rips to CCD or MDF which are unsupported by PSX2PSP

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sorry wasn't thinking about the fact that you were using PSX2PSP....use UltraISO to rip if simply changing the extension name doesn't work. UltraISO is a swiss army knife ripper/converter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, explain the process