PSX2PSP Help

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Jamstruth, Dec 11, 2009.

Dec 11, 2009

PSX2PSP Help by Jamstruth at 6:56 PM (8,139 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Hi, just got a PSP and could do with some help trying to get FFVII running on my PSP. I have my PSP running 5.50 GEN-D2 and have converted Disk 1 of my original PAL, Platinum FFVII disk into a PSP Eboot with all pal to NTSC patches applied but when I boot it in the PSP all I get is a black screen. This also happened for my Speed Freaks Eboot so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'm using PSX2PSP v1.4, do I maybe have to download an extra plugin or program to load them with a better compatibility?

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
  3. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    If it has copy protection explain why I can rip the disk straight from my PC?

It says that it works in 3.03OEC but the screen gets cut off if you use stretching...any chance of getting an explanation as to what 3.03OEC means?

Speed freaks has no entry [​IMG]

You being a PAL guy like myself, can you explain to me how to get this disks to work without resoting to finding eboots off torrent sites?

4. MZ EXE.

Member MZ EXE. GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think he was looking that the FFVIII which says the following,

It does look like you do need to patch it, also try Popsloader (Plugin) it maybe might run it at 3.71.

5. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    I did find that plugin, I didn't quite understand the instructions (google translator [​IMG]) but I figured out that you need to unpack the whole firmware to get the one file and place it in the correct place. Not sure where exactly I place the firmware file I want unpacked in my memory stick (which is only 1gb at the moment so i have to keep swapping everything around) Any chance someone could explain it fully to me?

Have found Zapper 2000 and Patch-It but do not understand them. When I use Zapper it searches and finds patches but the "apply zap" button appears to create a .zap file while Patch-It is annoying as it does not understand ISOs and wants me to rip them again as .bin

6. MZ EXE.

United States
    I'd recommend you get a pre-made popsloader with all the essential files if you really don't understand any of the firmware unpacking, a simple google search should give you what you need, be sure popsloader is compatible with 5.50 GEN.

Once you got it just enable it and when running any PS1 game a screen should pop up before the game is loaded.

It will look something like this,

[​IMG]

Just choose a firmware to run the game and it should run. FFVII is mostly known to work properly at 3.71

7. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Found a full pack and installed it but still not working. Cannot for the life of me figure out the patchers, Zapper does nothing just creates a .Zap file of the patch the file needs and I don't know what PPF file I need

8. MZ EXE.

United States
    If its still not working try converting the PAL iso to a NTSC iso then try remaking the eboot. I know the NTSC version works.

9. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    And how would I go about doing that? Presumably with the patchers mentioned earlier? I need to find a patch and something to install then, PPF-o-Matic wants a bin file so I can't use that.

Thanks for the help so far anyway.

10. MZ EXE.

United States
  11. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Tried that and it didn't work however I do now know the problem lies in them being PAL isos as I converted an NTSC iso with no problem, I may be forced to pirate the NTSC versions for ease of use.

Converting iso from PAL to NTSC has not worked once so far so I am at a loss and am downloading FFVII in NTSC at the moment.

12. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Sorry [​IMG] i thought you was on about FF8.
    How about just downloading a NTSC version of the game, and see if it works.

13. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, done that but its a BIN+Cue file (hopefully PSX2PSP will understand that) also trying Spyro 3 which is confirmed working in a PS1 emulator as I tested first.

Also, PSX2PSP has started crashing once finished...

Right, SPyro 3 ripped from UK PAL Disk confimed working in ePSxE and converted raw with all PAl2NTSC patches selected in PSX2PSP DID NOT WORK! but the FFVII iso I downloaded and coverted DOES WORK! I am baffled as to why I can't get any of these to work on my PSP

14. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Just because it works on epsxe doesnt mean it will work on a PSP.
    have you tired looking on the list i sent before?

15. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Doesn't help. Most games have no PAL entry and the ones that do cite as working after anti-piracy patching etc.

Running it in another emu proves that the ISO has no faults so I still have no idea what is wrong.

16. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Right just confirm if the following works:

Rip Spyro 3 with Alcohol (the free version will do). Choose the ISO format for simplicity, although BIN/CUE is probably fine too.
    Fire up PSX2PSP 1.4.2 and convert the disc image you have to an eboot.pbp. (Ignore the options menu and patches)
    Then place that eboot into a folder named Spyro and place in PSP\GAME.
    Try running.

Edit - What other PSX games aside from the Final Fantasy games have you tried?

17. Jamstruth
    OP

United Kingdom
    Tried FFVII, Spyro 3 and Speed Freaks. Will try using alcohol and ignore patches.

Slight problem, Alcohol 120% only rips to CCD or MDF which are unsupported by PSX2PSP

18. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Yeah sorry wasn't thinking about the fact that you were using PSX2PSP....use UltraISO to rip if simply changing the extension name doesn't work. UltraISO is a swiss army knife ripper/converter.

19. LBPMods

Banned LBPMods Banned

United States
    I didn't know that you needed to go through all of that trouble, just for that...

20. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Well if he is using his own discs instead of downloading, it isn't really that much of a pain.