PSX ppf-o-matic games on PSP.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by porshionXmato, Oct 29, 2013.

  1. porshionXmato
    OP

    porshionXmato Member

    Newcomer
    33
    3
    Oct 29, 2013
    Poland
    Hey guys,
    I've a question. I applied the polish translation patch on Final Fantsasy VII, VIII and IX using the ppf-o-matic and after converting them into an eboot.pbp file and running on my PSP the game is still in English. I checked the patched iso/bin image on ePSXe on my laptop and the text is displayed in Polish. Any help, ideas? I was searching for some hints for nearly 3 hours, and nothing comes out of it. Any help would be appreciated.

    Oh, and btw - although I'm new, I'm visiting GBAtemp forums frequently :).
     
  2. Kouen Hasuki

    Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

    Member
    1,388
    337
    Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Silly question not you sure your converting the patched iso
     
  3. porshionXmato
    OP

    porshionXmato Member

    Newcomer
    33
    3
    Oct 29, 2013
    Poland

    I don't see what you find here silly. It's obvious that I'm converting the patched iso, and what because of that?

    I've already told what is my problem. The patched iso of the game, after converting it to the eboot.pbp, is running on the PSP as if it wasn't patched. And I'm asking for help, tips or whatever - why. And is there any way to run such a game (patched) on the PSP. I can't write it more understandably.
     
  4. Cyan

    Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

    Global Moderator
    18,045
    8,564
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Patching the game completely removes english texts (unless there's a multi-language selector in the game).
    It can't "use english" anymore, being on ePSX or PSP shouldn't matter, as there's no english text left.

    If you still see the game in english, it means the english text is not replaced with polish text, so there's only two solution : The patch didn't work, or you converted the wrong ISO.
    If you say that the patched iso is in polish in an emulator, then like he said, you probably used the wrong ISO to do the conversion to PSP format.
    Please, check again that you correctly used the translated ISO to convert into pbp format (try converting it again).
     
    Kouen Hasuki likes this.
  5. Kouen Hasuki

    Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

    Member
    1,388
    337
    Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    My message was supposed to read "Silly question but you sure your converting the patched iso" but it was auto corrected but to be honest its the only way I can see it that its still showing English
     
  6. porshionXmato
    OP

    porshionXmato Member

    Newcomer
    33
    3
    Oct 29, 2013
    Poland

    Okay guys, I'll try patching the clean iso once again tomorrow and will report back whether it worked or not. Either way, thanks for the replies, although I'm quite sure that I converted the right file...


    EDIT

    Okay, so I made it working by patching a clean iso image once again, converting it to the *bin extension and after that - to eboot.pbp file and now it works.

    Thanks for the hints guys, although it's still a mystery for me, why it didn't worked earlier as I certainly did the same thing, but nevermind - I'm glad that it finally worked! :yaysp: