PSV Homebrew VS 3DS Homebrew

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MartinDocNewland, Aug 12, 2016.

1. MartinDocNewland
    OP

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask but if not I hope admin move it to the right place

Now the 3DS & VITA both have a homebrew scene now, I would like to know if people think homebrew on the Vita will work better then on the 3DS.

Some people might think this is a silly question but most of the emulators are broken on the 3DS (Retroarch I'm talking about you) and I can see devs moving from the 3DS to the Vita (One already have) and because the Vita is more powerful then the 3DS so emulator's should work better.

So back to my question, will homebrew like emulator's be better on the Vita then the 3DS?

2. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    possibly in your closet
    We have VC Injects on 3DS, VC being made by Ninty themselves. Over time, PSV probably will be a bit better., as we can't run certain games. This is all likely to change, however.

3. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    I think a significant amount of time is needed to answer this question. Vita Homebrew is basically in its infancy. If you're asking if the vita is more powerful than 3DS, yes.

4. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    It has the potential for that.
    (Why do people ask all these crystal ball questions recently?)

memomo, gnmmarechal, cvskid and 2 others like this.
  5. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Someone didn't read what I said lol As I said I know the vita is more powerful then the 3DS

I asked because now the homebrew scene has opened up I'm asking myself do I buy another Vita? (Already owned 2 before but got fed up with not being able to buy games for it as there wasn't any worth buying)

6. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Please lets not start a 3DS vs Vita scene comparision, there are some hotheads who will take these comments to heart.
    Lets just wait and watch as smarter people (devs) do what they do best and be happy for what the scene gives us. Comparisons like this have no purpose.

olec04 and MKKhanzo like this.
  7. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    The Vita's hardware may open a path for a lot of opportunities, but the people who have 3DS systems vastly outnumber those who have Vitas. As such, the demand for Vita homebrew apps is much lower than the demand for 3DS ones. The Vita homebrew scene has a future for sure, but I just don't expect it to grow as big as the 3DS scene.

akira123 and Rodrigo Mafra like this.
  8. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Well for someone like me who thinks questions like this should be asked I guess we can agree to disagree. It's a good question because not everyone can afford both and like me want the best system for the best homebrew.

9. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    Fair enough, but you're going to decide on buying a vita based on members predictions?

10. Brandon6665

Brandon6665 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    Of course vita will be better in time, the homebrews basically just started they'll surely improve and multiply in time. Moonlight, ppsspp (not sure), and a dreamcast emulator is coming so surely it'll be better

Last edited by Brandon6665, Aug 12, 2016
    MartinDocNewland likes this.
  11. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    If your intention really isn't to start a flame war you probably should had used "comparison" instant of "vs" (which is latin for against and only used for fights and populism)

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 12, 2016
  12. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Well concidsering I hope people who answer actually have a vita in the first place so they would know. I don't mind dropping £100 for a system I have already owned twice but this time would be buying one for homebrew

13. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    And I think you should really learn the difference between "than" and "then"...
    As of the Vita scene, only time will tell.

14. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Oh trust me when I say it wasn't my intention to but I know there is a few idiots here that would take it to heart and them people I feel sorry for lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And I think you should go sit in a corner and think about what a twat you just made yourself look like. It's really not funny or clever to correct a person you don't know

Last edited by MartinDocNewland, Aug 12, 2016 - Reason: Changed spelling before I make someone else get off their high horse
  15. atlboyz_247

atlboyz_247 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2008
    United States
    I'd hate to derail the topic, but what homebrew were you looking at specifically? Emulation? If so, the Vita has higher potential for non native supported consoles compared to the 3ds (like retroarch and etc), but otherwise why buy a Vita for emulation when there are other options? I thought the Vita had the strength of an iPad 3rd generation, and there are plenty of tablets out there that can exceed the Vita's potential and run ppsspp and most retroarch cores at high frame rates. As for other homebrew, I haven't checked out this sector, but what homebrews are worth it over android or iOS apps at a similar cost device wise (if cost is a concern). Personally, I like the native game modding support (like translations and dubs) and emulation, but it's hard to rationalize when my Nvidia shield tablet wrecks these devices.

Last edited by atlboyz_247, Aug 12, 2016
  16. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Well I for one like many like playing games with actual buttons and not virtual ones on a screen so playing with emulator's on a tablet is a no no for me. Well I can see the potential of a dreamcast, maybe 3do or Saturn emulation on a Vita and that excites me. Owning a Nvidia Shield Portable myself I know what works and what doesn't on it and emulation like 3do or Saturn doesn't work as well as I would have wanted it to

Last edited by MartinDocNewland, Aug 12, 2016
    MKKhanzo likes this.
  17. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Yeah, temp is quite polite to idiots sometimes...

18. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I thought tablets worked with bluetooth controllers or with a mini usb adapter. Either way though for a dedicated handheld you'd think buying it for the games it's supposed to play would be first priority and then emulators would be icing on the cake so to speak.

Subtle Demise and akira123 like this.
  19. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    For me playing a game on a tablet with a PS3 controller or Wii U controller takes away the portability. I'm special so what can I say? lol I was born with asperges so I can't help thinking slightly different from the next person lol

@Dark Ronin as I have said I have asperges so what's your excuse for being a twat?

MKKhanzo likes this.
  20. smf

smf GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    I doubt that most 3DS users care about homebrew, so I don't think raw sales numbers are that useful. Homebrew is never driven by demand.