Hacking PSTV softbrick using Modoru on 3.73 to 3.60.

BladeBlur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am in a bit of a pickle and I need help.

I wanted to use Modoru to revert my PSTV's software from 3.73 to 3.60 so I can play PSP games on it. I downloaded Modoru on it and only then I found out I used the Modoru that isn't compatible with version 3.73, but 3.72. AS a result, the update screen entered a restart loop as the update didn't work no many how many times I tried.

So, I went ahead and decided to use Safe Mode on my PSTV. However, I wasn't aware that unlike the VIta, the PSTV's safe mode only has ONE option available, update system software. No option to rebuild database etc. I tried to hold different button combinations upon startup to no avail. I went into the Update System Software option, and due to not having a PS Vita card that has the 3.73 update, my only option was to download it online. However, it doesn't work. I tried two different USB sticks. One had the 3.60 update, and the other was the 3.73. The first was prompted to get the right software update number and the second was "incomptabile". And yes, I put it in the right folder PSVITA > UPDATE > PSVUPDAT.PUP.

In short no matter how much I tried, I can't seem to solve this issue. This begs the question, am I AWOL? Is there anything I can do to unbrick my PSTV? Is there something I have to do that is inherently different than unbricking a regular Vita? Do I need to download a different PUP? I looked online all over the place and couldn't find a decisive answer. PSTV's price keeps skyrocketing so I'd rather not resort on buying one off ebay.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-