Hacking pstv retroarch 3rd party controllers?

PlaystationTV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anybody tried nes/snes adapters to use original controllers on the pstv/retroarch or those cheap usb nes controllers

or even 8bitdo controllers ?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before this is possible, we'd need a USB HID driver, which doesn't seem to exist on the PSTV just yet. There is a USB Mass Storage driver however, and a Bluetooth HID driver, so perhaps you should look into Bluetooth peripherals.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
8BitDo controllers are a definite maybe, the NES30 Pro (which I own) had a firmware update that added PS3 support. It's possible that you could pair the NES30 Pro with a PSTV, since AFAIK most third party DS3 controllers work fine with it.

Unfortunately, I don't own a PSTV or know anyone who does locally, so I wouldn't be able to test it for sure.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i did some testing with this https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Uni...1485540&sr=8-2&keywords=mayflash+arcade+stick

it does work in the PSTV OS and in retroarch emulators ,it saw the stick as second player in neogeo games, i didn't test turning off the ps3 controller to make arcade stick number 1, but I'm sure it can be done
Actually, that does make sense. If the PSTV didn't have a USB HID driver, it couldn't sync the PS3 and PS4 controllers. I didn't even think of that. Awesome that it does work though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise