PSTV reducing input lag?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Primula, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Primula
    OP

Primula GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    This been ask a few time before but usually pin pointed through the TV Game mode or blaming adrenaline version. I'm still messing with the setting and trying each emulator to see what reduce it and notice some show better result but there still that lag as a whole.

From other people trial and error, does doing anything below help or no?

Using DS3 or DS4? "I haven't tested yet but read some effect it some does not"
    Adrenaline? "Did not test PS1 Eboot yet but psp game like Miku -_-" input lag"
    Ark? Forgot my test result lol... I know some was running better in ark then in Adrenaline.
    Retroarch/mGBA? PS1 Spyro... I don't think there was a lag need to test again. mgba mario small lag?
    Vita games?.... err I haven't tested it beside installing them haha need to test.
    TV? Well I can answer this... If your TV have game mode setting it will greatly reduce the lag.

I should test the same thing on my vita to see if there a lag different or it just in my mind... need to do that after work.

----------------
    I don't mind using different emulation for specific game since I was mostly fine with retroarch and mgba on the vita but didn't like their interface or how they handle the saves. So I want to hear what other people had done so I can test it on my setup.

------------------
    • Apparently my setup causing my lag I have avermedia RECenter pass-through from my pstv to my computer which display in a smaller window but with a direct connection to a hdmi slot on my tv I lost almost all my lag "was hitting all my notes on Miku hatsune"
    • Game mode will still play a different "both setting on mine was on game mode but apparently my setup gave some input lag since it was wide spread"
    • On my Vita no lag what so ever ... still didnt test ps1 eboot yet though.
    • Have not tested DS3 vs DS4 comparison
    • According to RavenGT setting Adrenaline to Original GFX will help with input lag "sadly mine was already set to that"
    • Tuning up the speed hack like on the orignal psp help slightly from my test with miku

Last edited by Primula, Jun 11, 2017
  2. RavenGT

RavenGT Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2007
    United States
    I've had some back and forth with TheFlow on some input lag issues with PSTV. Long story short, get Adrenaline-5, put the PS1/PSP screen mode to Original. This step will eliminate as much input lag as possible not counting things like TV lag and wireless Dualshock lag. I used to have horrible lag with PS1 games because prior to this Bilinear was the only screen mode available, however Bilinear is still some form of image processing therefore it adds some input delay. Putting it on Original (Adrenaline-5 adds this) eliminates the input lag, but the downside is you cannot choose screen modes anymore, PS1 games on PSTV will fill the vertical space and the aspect ratio will become slightly distorted (it is not exactly 4:3 but close). Hope this helps, though I wouldn't have that much faith with rhythm games.

[​IMG]

3. Primula
    OP

Primula GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    Thank for your input sadly mine was default on Original and I was already on Adrenaline-5. I would test DS3 but... I don't think I want to carry both controller if i bring it somewhere since vita game play better with DS4 or require it. I still need to do some ps1 eboot testing though =3

Beside the testing I still need to do or unless I want to record my gameplay, I know what I must do to reduce my game lag thus far which is; have a direct hdmi connection to the TV, have it set to game mode if possible, turn up speed hack, and set gfx to original if not set yet.