Colorcrims0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

Since there's no way to connect the PSTV to a computer offline (unless I've been missing something), installing TN-V onto it has been a major hassle. I somehow managed to connect it to my computer twice, after 24 hours of trial and error. I don't want to have to go through that again, so I'm thinking about updating to 3.55. I know my TN-V bubble will stay, but will i be able to put homebrew and CSO/ISOs into it? I've seen very little info on the topic, and if anyone could help, that'd be really great!

Also, i did the hack that lets all vita games and classics be played on the PSTV. Will that get erased when i update?

My PSTV is running firmware 3.51, if that matters.

Last edited by Colorcrims0n,

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can continue adding and using ePSP hacks (PSP ISOs, PSP-mode emulators and homebrew, etc.) after updating. You will not be able to use Rejuvenate on 3.52+.
Also, i did the hack that lets all vita games and classics be played on the PSTV. Will that get erased when i update?
Whitelist hack is undone when the PSTV is turned off, connects to PSN, and possibly when you update the firmware. So in essence: No. You will lose this functionality if you update.

Colorcrims0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course you can continue adding and using ePSP hacks (PSP ISOs, PSP-mode emulators and homebrew, etc.) after updating. You will not be able to use Rejuvenate on 3.52+.

Whitelist hack is undone when the PSTV is turned off, connects to PSN, and possibly when you update the firmware. So in essence: No. You will lose this functionality if you update.

Okay, I've decided against updating for now. I want to see what Rejuvenate is all about, but I'll have to get a real PSvita to actually install it. Guess if i cant get things in TN-V to work, its going back to the closet for a while. Thanks for your help!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've decided against updating for now. I want to see what Rejuvenate is all about, but I'll have to get a real PSvita to actually install it. Guess if i cant get things in TN-V to work, its going back to the closet for a while. Thanks for your help!
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/DEVICE_PSVITA.html

Should help for you getting tn-v11 on your ps tv. No point in updating for psn access since sony will just release another firmware update and you will be right back where you started unless you really wanted psn access.

D

Deleted-19228

Whitelist hack is NOT undone when the PSTV is shut off... Confirmed myself.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whitelist hack is NOT undone when the PSTV is shut off... Confirmed myself.
Eh, well that's what I read elsewhere... I don't have one myself, so I can't say for sure. But there definitely are a few different scenarios that can cause it to reset, so it wouldn't be advisable to update for anyone who highly values the whitelist hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: