Gaming PSP went haywire

Deleted member 177877

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was playing dissidia, when suddenly, cwcheat kept popping up despite me never even touching the select button. Trying to return to the game will immediately bring it back up.

Upon restarting, the buttons went haywire and I couldn't scroll. I booted to the config then, and changed to the sony kernel, which lets me scroll through the menu again. But the cwcheat problem still persists.

I've tried disabling it, but it seems the game won't boot then and get's stuck at the "PSP" white screen. Then I switched from the m33 5xx to 1.50 kernel and so far, I haven't encountered the problem again...

So, has anyone had a similar experience? Know what's going on and how to fix it?

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried deleting it? (i know you've tried to disable it) or try to disable all your plugins. If those things fail then all i could think of is reflash your psp >.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you may have a hardware issue...you haven't by any chance got the PSP slightly damp or dropped/banged it against anything?

Deleted member 177877

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol actually, it's used ^^" i was thinking the m33 5xx kernel is the problem since i haven't encountered the problem again on a 1.50 kernel...I've been playing on it with the exact same stuff for 2-3 hours everyday for the past week on the 5xx kernel without any problems though...Is it hardware? Cauz if it is, I can still get it returned...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Try another game where you can clearly identify if a menu bar button is being depressed. The default CWCheat activation button is Select so if you can find another game where the Select button has a function that will tell you if the connection is being made on the mobo.

By all means try a firmware reflash first but many wet or dropped PSP's have similar issues.

Deleted member 177877

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried another game before loading the 1.50 kernel, and same results...the thing is, I know of no game that uses select XD But if it's mobo problems, wouldn't it matter what kernel I am on? (what I mean is, if it's hardware, wouldn't switching to a different kernel have no effect on it? in that case, me switching to 1.50 kernel shouldn't have "fixed" it, right?)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
What happens when you try and activate CWCheat from there? I'm guessing CWCheat is deactivated in that mode and therefore the problem is not fixed but merely invisible.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe there is a psp homebrew that shows if certain buttons are pressed, like a diagnostic tool or something? Never seen one, but it's worth a google. You can use that to see if your Select button is being pressed constantly.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well in your position i'd try to reflash the firmware and see if that remedied the issue. You have no idea how long this "fix" will last and if you can't fix it for sure i'd be sorely tempted to get my money back and get a PSP in better condition.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You could do that, or you could convert your battery into a Pandora and use a MMS GUI (such as one one Rain's Ultra Lite MMS tools) to do it the safe way.

Once done you don't even need to convert the battery back to normal. Just inject the Time Machine IPL onto it (Rain has a tool for that too!) and use the Pandora as a regular battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1