OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey tempers,

I recently acquired a PSP-2001 with OFW 3.71 and I just want to confirm something while my items are being shipped.

So here's my situation: If I'm using Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker, all I need to do is download 5.00M33-6 CFW and use Rain's maker to make my memory stick? Then I just need to insert my Pandora/Jigkick battery and it should be pretty straightforward from then on?

Thanks for the help guys and gals

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
-that's pretty much the summary.

-make sure your pandora is charged at least half. to be safe, FULL.

-sometimes fake memory sticks don't produce an MMS. (mine before didn't)

-make sure you insert the MMS first, then the pandora.

-everything will hopefully be smoothly running

-post your progress if you need help....

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
altorn said:
-that's pretty much the summary.

-make sure your pandora is charged at least half. to be safe, FULL.

-sometimes fake memory sticks don't produce an MMS. (mine before didn't)

-make sure you insert the MMS first, then the pandora.

-everything will hopefully be smoothly running

-post your progress if you need help....

Thanks for the confirm.

I think my tools will be here in a week so I have a while to go before I actually get to work hehe.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as long as you have a full battery and have the psp plugged into the wall you should be ok. i installed cfw on my cousins psp using the chickhen method, and although it scared me a little be when the psp shut down unexpectedly, (i tried to turn it on but it would not, then my cousin told me that i had to really push the on button up to turn it on) i booted it up to find that it was perfectly fine. and that i had 5.00m33 on it. chickhen has as much risk as anything else. plus if you use the turtorial and programs on the link that kitty had posted then you will be fine. pandora is just a nice back to have when things go wrong, which they shouldn`t if you follow instructions well.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChickHEN does NOT require your PSP to be set to default. Also, I believe they meant bricking as in the flashing of the Custom Firmware files, not the actual using ChickHEN and PSPident.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
i did set my psp back to factory default and it worked. took me 50 tries when i had my current theme. when i set to default, it's only 1 times. that's just me on my side. im not officially telling you but i was able to say what happened on my side.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, CTF and backgrounds DO mess with loading ChickHEN for me as well. It either worked on the CTF after 1-3 tries or I had to change it back to the origional Sony theme.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume it's F0 themes, not CTF? CTF themes should have little to no risk of bricking while F0 themes shouldn't be done if he doesn't know what mobo he has. Also, themes shouldn't be a problem for the OP. One, it's not hacked yet. Two, he doesn't have his stuff yet. Three, he's not even running ChickHEN OR Hellcat's flasher, he apparently already bought his Pandora battery which is where he says "tools will be here in a week."

However, if it is indeed a TA-088v3, he will have to use ChickHEN on 5.03 OFW and the Pandora/Hellcat's flasher will be useless, sadly. Good luck to the OP though, hope he has a hackable 2000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F