Hardware PSP Screen/GPU issue

pkmpad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everybody.

Today I was given a PSP with a failure I had never seen before. At first, I thought it was just a bad screen (some bad lines that could be because of a bad connector or something related). See

imgur. com /uZksMlq

However, after letting the PSP turned on for about 5 minutes, the screen started to flicker, to become totally glitchy and sometimes even the image got upside down. See

imgur. com /rPGpC4I

This makes me think that maybe the problem is deeper that just a bad LCD.

As I do not have any experience with PSP (I have with Nintendo systems), I would need some help about how could I determine where the failure is, since I am afraid of that buying a replacement screen does not solve the problem. I can make use of power supply, multimeter and, in a few days, oscilloscope.

Any help will be welcomed.

Thank you very much in advance!

ostush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello everybody.

Today I was given a PSP with a failure I had never seen before. At first, I thought it was just a bad screen (some bad lines that could be because of a bad connector or something related). See

imgur. com /uZksMlq

However, after letting the PSP turned on for about 5 minutes, the screen started to flicker, to become totally glitchy and sometimes even the image got upside down. See

imgur. com /rPGpC4I

This makes me think that maybe the problem is deeper that just a bad LCD.

As I do not have any experience with PSP (I have with Nintendo systems), I would need some help about how could I determine where the failure is, since I am afraid of that buying a replacement screen does not solve the problem. I can make use of power supply, multimeter and, in a few days, oscilloscope.

Any help will be welcomed.

Thank you very much in advance!

Maybe there's something wrong with lcd , lcd connector or motherboard. Try to open the PSP and see what's wrong. At least i'd do that if i have no chance , i'll give it to local psp service or sth. like that. if the repairing price is high , i'll just buy a new psp and keep the old psp : P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car