Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm new to the whole "homebrew scene custom firmware etc", and when I heard about it I was eager to try it on my original fat PSP. However, by the time I got to it, my PSP is on OFW 5.03, which means I cannot get custom firmware... Now, my PSP is pretty old, so I decided that I could sell my PSP, and with the money I get, combined with some of my own money - buy a PSP 3000. So here are my questions...
1. PSP 3000 can run homebrew and cfw, right?
2. Where would you reccommend to sell my PSP? Should I give it to the retailer (uk) "Game" or mabye sell it on Ebay?
3. And how much do you reckon I would get for my original fat psp?
Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A Pandora Battery allows the installation of CFW over any version of Sony's OFW.

Running homebrew is a pain on the PSP-3000. You're so much better off getting a Pandora and hacking the PSP you already have.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JKR Firefox said:
A Pandora Battery allows the installation of CFW over any version of Sony's OFW.

Running homebrew is a pain on the PSP-3000. You're so much better off getting a Pandora and hacking the PSP you already have.
Wait, I can hack my PSP on OFW 5.03?
rolleyes.gif

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bik75 said:
JKR Firefox said:

rolleyes.gif

Did you not understand what I said?

A Pandora along with a Magic Memory Stick will allow you to install CFW no matter what OFW is already on the target PSP. So yes, your PSP at 5.03 OFW would be able to be hacked to the latest version of CFW, 5.00.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
bik75 said:
JKR Firefox said:

rolleyes.gif

yes you can
use ChickHenR2+Cfwenabler

and you can have most of what you can do on CFW, play isos/cso/homebrew, till you do a FULL power off
then you will be back on OFW
and have to redo ChickHenR2+Cfwenabler

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JKR Firefox said:
bik75 said:
JKR Firefox said:

rolleyes.gif

A Pandora along with a Magic Memory Stick will allow you to install CFW no matter what OFW is already on the target PSP. So yes, your PSP at 5.03 OFW would be able to be hacked to the latest version of CFW, 5.00.
Sorry, im just a little shocked. And happy now cos I dont have to buy a 2000, thanks youve been very helpful.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bik75 said:
JKR Firefox said:
bik75 said:
JKR Firefox said:

rolleyes.gif

Sorry, im just a little shocked. And happy now cos I dont have to buy a 2000, thanks youve been very helpful.

Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic. My bad
tongue.gif

You are very welcome.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the problem with psp is the fuss to keep changing the firmware etc. which i usually dont read well only the part about the pandora battery and chickHEN i know... unlike the unsafe NDS, R4 in computer then in DS... play the game

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shakirmoledina said:
the problem with psp is the fuss to keep changing the firmware etc. which i usually dont read well only the part about the pandora battery and chickHEN i know... unlike the unsafe NDS, R4 in computer then in DS... play the game

You don't have to change the firmware.

The first time I updated my PSP took a year and a half. I finally took the plunge and updated from 3.40 CFW to 5.00 CFW.

My very first PSP hack was done with Liberty City Stories which was way before the Pandora and Magic Memory Stick breakthrough.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you can run ChickHEN and Hellcat's flasher instead of the Pandora and Magic Memory stick now. This method does not work on the PSP 3000 but the hackable 1000 and 2000's as long as you are on OFW 5.03.

For the 3000, you need 5.03 and ChickHEN but instead of Hellcat's flasher, you use 5.03 GEN-A or 3.60 CFWE. These are temporary in the fact that they have to be rebooted every time you turn off your PSP FULLY. That is why most people just leave it in sleep mode so they don't have to reboot it. However, this firmware is safe and at near no risk of bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw