bladepwnedyou

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a psp with a quite a few buttons not working and a minor cracked screen thats still playable.

Its a psp 2000 and i was wondering whats a good site to get spare parts to get it fixed, or is there a good place i could send it out to someone to get it fixed?
I thought of the option of buying a new one but only certain psp's can be hacked and mines already hacked so i figured save me the trouble of hacking a new one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any professional place would probably charge more than you're willing to pay. And there are plenty of people around here that can do it--including myself--but again it's probably not worth it to you once you cover parts and labor.

If you know what you're doing you can order replacement parts on plenty of sites. I'll just beat everybody to the punch and say Dealextreme because that's the only one you ever hear around here.

Your other option would be to sell it for parts and buy a new one, which are relatively cheap now days since the 3000 and Go.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say your biggest concern are the buttons. The screen and/or faceplate can be outright replaced, there's no problem with that. But how are the buttons not working? That could indicate something was spilled into it or otherwise accumulated dust and needs to be cleaned, it could mean there's something wrong with the board itself, or you could just need a new set of buttons which are easily purchased.

bladepwnedyou

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The up arrow stopped workin on me one day which i can figure is just dust like you suggested.

The start/select bottom set of buttons don't work because they cable that connects them was damaged when a friend of mine replaced my psp screen that i bought.

So im mainly concerned about replacing those as for the up n somewhat the left i dont know for sure if they need replacing or not

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that broken cables are the issue, then yes. and it does include the Dpad cable, on the image from that page the Dpad is the one on the right. It's a little confusing because they appear to have photographed it upside-down, making them all backwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: