PSP Help?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by LuminousKey, May 24, 2009.

1. LuminousKey
    OP

LuminousKey Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    Hello everyone, I'm posting this because I need a little bit of information with my PSP. I'm going to try to mod my PSP (along with a few others) and I wanted to know 2 things. I want to get a pretty decent sized SD Card to hold a few games, my friend told me the files are rather large. I'm wondering if this is compatible with the PSP and if it's a good price.

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flas...0550&sr=8-1

I usually see popular brands such as Kingston and SanDisk, is this one alright? The other question I have is about the modding. I saw a video mentioning that you should use a 2 GB card to mod it with, I was thinking he never attempted to use a larger card so he wasn't sure. Is what he said just a precaution or can I use any size I want? Thanks for any assistance you can give.

2. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Don't PSPs use MemoryStick or something like that?

3. LuminousKey
    OP

LuminousKey Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I apologize for not searching a bit more. I just posted immediately because I just purchased a Pandora Battery and I was hoping to buy everything at the same time. I'm guessing any memory stick will work then, how much should the price of an 8 GB one be around before it is considered over priced?

4. omatic

omatic GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2007
    United States
    United States
    This is an excellent price for a memory stick. Free shipping as well, and it usually arrives in about 3 days. If you buy somewhere else, don't pay higher than this.

5. LuminousKey
    OP

LuminousKey Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    Thank you, omatic. It's great to have a price to compare to. I found the same card on the Amazon site for a little bit less, that's a plus. I appreciate the help.

6. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    that what i have, the SanDisk 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo
    got it for
    $36.25 (thats with tax) , at the WalMart (so i got it for less), ($33.88 no tax)
    work fine on, my phat psp with 5.00 m33-6+1.50 addon

7. LuminousKey
    OP

LuminousKey Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for confirming that, Ryupower. I always like to have more than one answer, just to be safe (I hope that does not offend anyone).

http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=20

I'm sorry for wasting your time everyone, I just read the entire guide and it explains everything. I appreciate the help with the memory stick which was one thing I didn't notice. Thanks.