PSP Help?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by LuminousKey, May 24, 2009.

May 24, 2009

PSP Help? by LuminousKey at 7:59 PM (773 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. LuminousKey
    OP

Newcomer LuminousKey Member

United States
    Hello everyone, I'm posting this because I need a little bit of information with my PSP. I'm going to try to mod my PSP (along with a few others) and I wanted to know 2 things. I want to get a pretty decent sized SD Card to hold a few games, my friend told me the files are rather large. I'm wondering if this is compatible with the PSP and if it's a good price.

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flas...0550&sr=8-1

I usually see popular brands such as Kingston and SanDisk, is this one alright? The other question I have is about the modding. I saw a video mentioning that you should use a 2 GB card to mod it with, I was thinking he never attempted to use a larger card so he wasn't sure. Is what he said just a precaution or can I use any size I want? Thanks for any assistance you can give.

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Don't PSPs use MemoryStick or something like that?

3. LuminousKey
    OP

United States
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I apologize for not searching a bit more. I just posted immediately because I just purchased a Pandora Battery and I was hoping to buy everything at the same time. I'm guessing any memory stick will work then, how much should the price of an 8 GB one be around before it is considered over priced?

4. omatic

Member omatic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is an excellent price for a memory stick. Free shipping as well, and it usually arrives in about 3 days. If you buy somewhere else, don't pay higher than this.

5. LuminousKey
    OP

United States
    Thank you, omatic. It's great to have a price to compare to. I found the same card on the Amazon site for a little bit less, that's a plus. I appreciate the help.

6. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    that what i have, the SanDisk 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo
    got it for
    $36.25 (thats with tax) , at the WalMart (so i got it for less), ($33.88 no tax)
    work fine on, my phat psp with 5.00 m33-6+1.50 addon

7. LuminousKey
    OP

United States
    Thanks for confirming that, Ryupower. I always like to have more than one answer, just to be safe (I hope that does not offend anyone).

http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=20

I'm sorry for wasting your time everyone, I just read the entire guide and it explains everything. I appreciate the help with the memory stick which was one thing I didn't notice. Thanks.