Hardware PSP GO Software Manual corruption?

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there all you helpful people. I'm back with one more question. On the PSP 2000/3000 you could access the "Software Manual" option in the home menu while running any Playstation 1/PSX EBOOT. This file is usually just titled DOCUMENT.DAT and is created using various tools available online.

Ok so with that said the PSP GO is giving me a corruption error when I try to open the software manual via the home menu. Is there another default directory for the manual for the GO? Anyone have an official SONY PSN game directory structure they could look at? Thanks in advance!

Specs are-
PSPGO
FW 6.20
TN-D Exploit

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well seems to work on my white psp go using TN-D, although all my ps1 games are all psn ones.

An example would be the folder 'SLES02537' containing the eboot.pbp, the document.dat and keys.bin

This folder is usually put in G:\PSP\GAME\

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You're putting manuals into PSN PSX games or user created ones?

If it's the former then they'll always be corrupted because of the encryption which your own document.dat doesn't match with.

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're putting manuals into PSN PSX games or user created ones?

If it's the former then they'll always be corrupted because of the encryption which your own document.dat doesn't match with.

I am actually trying to place the user created document.dat in a user created eboot. Is there anyway to create a document.dat that has the proper encryption? Or should I download the official PSN eboots? Thanks as always guys!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
How are you making them now? Sticking your own document.dat's in your own eboot's should work, unless the pops available to you just doesn't work properly.

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey xist. I was on 6.20 TN-D but switched to 6.35 PRO B-3 last night. I haven't messed with it since. But I will see what the new firmware allows. With the GO I believe the popsloader isn't necessary anymore. Am I wrong though?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
popsloader is always necessary to allow a greater compatibility for self made eboots. You can never ever beat having access to a range of pops, rather than just the one native to your current flash, but unfortunately as yet no lcfw's other than the 5.03 ones allow for the popsloader plugin. Perhaps you were just doing something wrong in creating your document.dat?

RyanRDLPS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for everyones help. I debated switching to 6.35 PRO-B3. But in the end I really wanted to play YS I and II. It seems 6.20 TN-D doesn't allow for that ISO/CSO loader versatility. So long story short after switching exploits/CFW the documents work just like they should. I'm knee deep in PS1 goodness! Thanks so much!

VeganPete76

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Can you explain how you fixed this issue please? I'm having the same issue on PSP Go - CFW Pro-C∞

I'm guessing it's the naming convention of the containing folder? My folders are all in the format of "SCES-00984" etc. If they are renamed at all, some games will fail to boot, but with the current folder structure the DOCUMENT.DAT file will not open.

Dechro

Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Hi, can you teach me step by step how to upload created ps1 game manuals so that they can be accessed in-game by pressing the PS Button?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, can you teach me step by step how to upload created ps1 game manuals to the ps3 so that they can be accessed in-game by pressing the PS Button?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: