Hardware PSP Go Power Light Will Flicker For A Moment Then Nothing

Kashitaco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, firstly I have already extensively done my research on this issue and nothing... I've seen people with flat PSP Go batteries not charging at all (probably as indicated by the light not lighting orange at all) and the solution was to use an AC adapter but mine is different.

I try to plug the PSP Go into ANY type of charger, I've tried all that there is out there, mobile AC adapter, replacement AC adapter for the PSP Go, USB ports... But the orange light is gonna come on for a while (10 minutes the first time it is plugged), then it will go off, then I try to power on, orange light will power up again for a few seconds to a minute, never any longer then nothing and the cycle goes on. Here's the thing that I think is special about my case. Whenever I try to power the console the green light will flicker for a few seconds, but the PSP Go won't power up at all. I was told that this is happening because my battery is totally drained. Is that true?

A few weeks ago I was able to play on my PSP Go, had to stop for a while and I swear I turned it off but maybe I didn't turn it off completely, just sent it to sleep mode cause after 1-2 weeks (I don't really remember) I picked it up again and the clock screen appeared then it turned off. Ever since then the thing's been like this and I had someone check it, but he didn't open to investigate further, just did battery checks voltage checks and said it wasn't my battery, but my charger IC is defective. How do I check for something like that? I understand that the PSP Go is already discontinued and parts are already rare and expensive but I wanna, if possible, see if there's anything else that could be wrong. I'm just at a stump and would appreciate any feedback/solution anyone who has experienced this before can give.

I have never opened the console, and I got it second-hand. My PSP Go is a model PSP-N1001 if that's any help.

Thanks much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.