Psp games on psvita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tigarex, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Tigarex
    OP

Tigarex Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2014
    Italy
    Hello, I would like to know if the PS Vita can play PSP games. The games can be bought from the market or should I download them? Can I play monster hunter freedom 1 and yu gi oh tag force 1? Because on the psn us there are these two games, but on psn eu there aren't. Thanks and sorry for all these questions.

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Yes, the Vita can play any PSP game for sale on the Vita PS Store. There are even some games not available on the Vita PS Store that work on the Vita for whatever reason. As for whether a game will work or not, you may want to try to hunt down a European version of this list, if one exists. I'm not sure how big the differences are between regions, but as far as I'm aware, there are some in regards to what does and doesn't work (such as one Syphon Filter game working in one region, while the other works in another, but neither game works for both).

3. MorphaX

MorphaX GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2013
    Italy
    what version you have in Vita ??:!:

4. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    If you have a exploit for the Vita, you can basically play every PSP game. There aren't any exploits available right now though.

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    It's rather irrelevant. You need the latest version to connect to the PSN store anyway.

6. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Keep checking Wololo.net and become a member of their forums. They periodically do Ninja Releases for the scene, whenever a new public exploit is going to be made available, to give you time to buy the exploitable game from the PSN before it gets pulled. Then, you'll at least not miss the next one that comes out.

7. Tigarex
    OP

Tigarex Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2014
    Italy
    Thanks to all

8. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009

Not true. If you have a PS3 there is a trick to get PSP exploit games on your vita.