WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a PSP for xmas. It was from a used game store (local mom & pop style shop, not Gamestop or Fry's or anything like that) in amazing condition, and at a low enough firmware that i didn't even need GTA:LCS to hack it. W00t!
Anyhoo, i was doing some mad searching for random, fun PSP games to play with, and i came across one.
Free Running (

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
Doesn't look like a bad game actually. They should have thrown some combat in their though, then it would have been kick-ass.

...but... why? This is what i've been looking for! Its Tony Hawk...but, Parkour! The fighting is what dropped Mirror's Edge's rating, in my thoughts. Also, what i didn't mention, is that there are like 50 unlockable tricks to pull off. You learn some through tutorials, but there are hidden button combos that let you do nifty acrobatics, to add to your score... and adding any combat would automatically remove SOMETHING from what they already have, and its hella good.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely keep ya posted. This was one i stumbled across, and i cannot believe there's an unheard of PSP game like this. I mean, DS has tons of shovelware (with SOME gems in there!) but the PSPs games can't be made as quickly and cheaply. I'm just shocked that its unknown heh. (especially after playing it!)

Another one that i was unaware of was Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars. I love Crazy Taxi, and checked this out... only to discover its CT 1 AND 2, wrapped up into a UMD (both full games-- arcade, time mode, skill mode, don't remember their actual names, but its the same menus from the Dreamcast version, and the play is the same!!)

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So yeah i have heard of and played this game. Its quite fun. It is also hard. Anyways, its a good game that might inspire you to try parkour. I mean, after watching all of those cool stunts, you may want to try them out, and break a few bones.

Its a good game i quit playing after a level or 2.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played it for a couple of hrs and found some of the moves a complete ballache to even pull off! some almost impossible!

Trying to remember some of the moves at the right time usually mid run up a wall to get to the next part of the stage was a headache!

If you have the determination have a go and make your own decision
smile.gif

There's loads of cool PSP games God of War being one good one!

Myself I like playing a lot of retro stuff at the minute emulators,psx etc getting nostalgic for those classics gone by!

MMMMMike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vlog.mikemoon.net
XP
Country
Canada
BakuFunn said:
Anyways, its a good game that might inspire you to try parkour.

Hahaha... will this game inspire me to get my midlife, overweight arse off the couch and start jumping fences, scaling walls and leaping from rooftop to rooftop? I'm guessing not.
I mean, history speaks for itself. Tony Hawk didn't get me out skateboarding, Shaun White didn't convince me to hit the slops and no matter what the latest version of John Madden comes out, my professional football days are long gone.

But with that said, I'll try the game. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha, MMMMike.
After i played it, i was like 'holy shit it would be cool to run up walls and do stunts'
Obviously i had never actually tried to do those crazy ass stunts, but i wanted to.

ryukyus, if you dont like games like tony hawk, then yes, it seems boring. This game actually is fun and challenging enough. It does get fustrating though.
Dude, just try it.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
There's loads of cool PSP games God of War being one good one!

Myself I like playing a lot of retro stuff at the minute emulators,psx etc getting nostalgic for those classics gone by!

Yes, GoW *is* a wonderful PSP game. But the thing is, if someone asks for good PSP games, GoW, Patapon, GTA, Killzone... those are games you'll hear. And thats cool enough, because they are some really good games, but for me, the fact of running across a decent game that i'd NEVER heard of before, and that, the more i ask people about it, the more i realize that so few have ever heard of it... thats pretty fucking funny and fun to me. I mean, you hear of underrated games all the time (Beyond Good & Evil, Psychonaughts, etc etc) and people should play them... This is one that i'd never heard the name. And apparently a lot of others have missed it too.

As for retro games...

Interesting fact- One reason i REALLY wanted a PSP for xmas... i wanted a FIFTH (yes, 5th) system on which i could play Super Mario Bros. I shit you not. I want to emulate a NES ANYWHERE i can. So far, i have PC, DS, Phone (nes emulator on WM5 = full of win), Wii and now PSP. I also have a Dreamcast and possibly a couple of other systems on which i could play it, they just aren't hooked up. Oh, and CPS2 emulation on the PSP is full speed amazement. Gonna load up Mame tonight to get some Beer-Tapper on the go!
wink.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:wtf: How can anyone not have heard of infected?
I can understand missing free running (personally I never beat the first level XD Too lazy)
But infected was a huge game when it came out.
Both megaman games rock, and powered up has a level editor.
FF Dissidia is pretty awesome, and the YGO games too.
More later, g2g now.
PSP rocks is all I can say.

Ltkort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The games is in the start fun, and then it lacks....

And how can i softmod my psp with one psp and one battery? i have a magic memory already. and i dont want to buy a new battery!

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybey it isnt respected (yet) because it isnt released in the usa (yet?)

WHAT !? i heard this game can be played in multplayer too
well first of all is that true ?
second : THAT WOULD BE AWESOME ... LIKE AN MULTIPLAYER (BETTER VERSION OF) MIRRORS EDGE

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ltkort said:
And how can i softmod my psp with one psp and one battery? i have a magic memory already. and i dont want to buy a new battery!

read the PSP stickies!

QUOTE(MMMMMike @ Dec 30 2008, 06:04 PM) Hahaha... will this game inspire me to get my midlife, overweight arse off the couch and start jumping fences, scaling walls and leaping from rooftop to rooftop? I'm guessing not.
I mean, history speaks for itself. Tony Hawk didn't get me out skateboarding, Shaun White didn't convince me to hit the slops and no matter what the latest version of John Madden comes out, my professional football days are long gone.

But with that said, I'll try the game. Thanks for the heads up.

Mike

but ..... did JOCKY WILSON'S DARTS .. Encourage beer drinking!? ... that COULD BE POSSIBLE
nyanya.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Let me just say that free running is not the same as Parkour!

Freerunning and parkour are separate, distinct concepts—a distinction which is often missed due to the aesthetic similarities. Parkour as a discipline comprises efficiency, whilst freerunning embodies complete freedom of movement—and often includes many acrobatic maneuvers. Although often the two are physically similar, the mindsets of each are vastly different. Foucan defines freerunning as a discipline to self development, following your own way. While traceurs and traceuses practice parkour in order to improve their ability to overcome obstacles faster and in the most efficient manner, freerunners practice and employ a broader array of movements that are not always necessary in order to overcome obstacles.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBK said:
Let me just say that free running is not the same as Parkour!

Freerunning and parkour are separate, distinct concepts—a distinction which is often missed due to the aesthetic similarities. Parkour as a discipline comprises efficiency, whilst freerunning embodies complete freedom of movement—and often includes many acrobatic maneuvers. Although often the two are physically similar, the mindsets of each are vastly different. Foucan defines freerunning as a discipline to self development, following your own way. While traceurs and traceuses practice parkour in order to improve their ability to overcome obstacles faster and in the most efficient manner, freerunners practice and employ a broader array of movements that are not always necessary in order to overcome obstacles.

So... freerunning is use of parkour with more acrobatic movements... yes?

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I LOVE Mirror's Edge and this looks no where near better. For starters this is 3rd person and 1st person is much better in ME. Will give this a try tho!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!