Psp brite (3000) or slim?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by noammax, Nov 20, 2008.

Nov 20, 2008

Psp brite (3000) or slim? by noammax at 12:26 PM (1,652 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. noammax
    OP

Member noammax GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Okay, 1 questions. 1, I understand that psp 3000 has two couler modes: normal and some other one that is suposed to be better.
    I also know that, given certain circumstances, there will be those wierd lines on the screen.

If Im on noromal mode will those lines show up?

EDIT: woops, wrong section, can someone fix that?

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Please search around next time, this question has been asked numerous times before.

To answer the question in the topic title, I would highly advise you to get a PSP Slim. The PSP Brite has very few note-worthy additions, and the screen is horrible. It's getting recalled right now because of its screen. Also, as of right now, there is no way to hack a PSP Brite. You'll be much better off getting a PSP Slim.

3. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I thought Datel were releasing a new battery that could hack the 3000?

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    No they have supposedly released a method to put the PSP into service mode. Without a Pre-IPL hack it doesn't accomplish anything.

5. Law

United Kingdom
    Ah. I must have misread the original thread.

Or maybe it was just because the OP is a terrible forum poster.

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    No, Law is right. There is something in the works that will supposedly put a 3k in service mode.

[​IMG]

That's why in my post I said as of right now. The new battery hasn't been released yet, so we don't know if and how it works.

7. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    The new Datel tool works in both the 2000 and the 3000, that is a step in the right direction now they just need firmware that will work on the new models. It is scheduled for release on the 25th I think. Then again I could be wrong.

8. noammax
    OP

Member noammax GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Okay thanks. I guess I will go for the slim as I want to hack it - but you still haven't answered my question!
    allow me to explain: I read this article http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/21/scei-psp...o-plans-to-fix/
    saying that scan lines appear on the 3000. Now I understand that scan that the 3000 has 2 couler mode: normal, which is
    the same as the slim, and vibrant, which is suposed to look better. So do these ''scan lines'' only apear on the vibrant or do they
    appear on both?

9. Law

United Kingdom
    As far as I know scanlines appear on both due to how the screen works.

10. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Problems with the 3000 display have been greatly exaggerated...having spoken to people who own the 3000 as a step up from the 2000, all are very happy. If you're one of those people who hunches over your console and hold it 2 inches from your face then you may have issues, but to be honest, you'll probably be spending so much time having your posture and eyes corrected that you won't be that bothered. If you play at a sensible distance you're not going to be that concerned.

Trying to avoid all the kneejerk negative feeling towards the 3000, whilst it's not much of a change from the 2000, i think that once they succeed in figuring out the IPL/Pre-IPL (and of course if the Lite Blue Battery really does work as a Service mode facilitator) there won't be that many people clamouring for the old 2000. The Datel release on it's own doesn't really add up to much at all.