PS1/2 PSone, onechip question.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a onechip to a psone (2nd board revision) all is working fine, imports, backups,all good. Just one thing, when the discs are spinning, there is a constant noise at intervals, like a psst, psst, psst sound, hard to describe, but I suppose best would be as if the disc was touching something when spinning.

Anyway, it was not there before fitting of the chip and is there both on backups and originals. Disc is fine, it's not the disc spinning off centre and hitting anything (first thing I thought), and I've run with the case off just to make sure, ribbon cables for the laser are in all the way. If the disc is spinning it's there. It's not very loud, can only really hear it when I'm close to the psone, but I know it was not there before. Any ideas? or is it just something to do with how the onechip works, that causes that side effect.

Thanks.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally got round to checking this again, and apparently it is the chip. Disconnected ground to disable it, no more noise, reconnected to enable it and again it's back. Listening without the case on, it's more of a pulsing buzz noise from the motor. I'm guessing it's something to do with the onechip injecting it's code, unless anyone has any other ideas as it's definitely the chip being active causing it.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If I'm right, the chip only injects the codes when you turn the psone on, and then does nothing, so check if you are doing everything ok.

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything is fine. I've checked all connections, everything is where it is supposed to be, nothing is touching anything it shouldn't. Chip and console are working fine, everything works, just makes that strange noise, that appears to have no effect on anything, it's just annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think a raspberry pi zero could power a SNES cart emulator thing hmmm