Psone classics save editor

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sicsuicide, Sep 9, 2012.

Sep 9, 2012

Psone classics save editor by Sicsuicide at 7:22 PM (9,879 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Sicsuicide
    OP

Member Sicsuicide GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was wonder if there was a save editor for psone classics that doesnt break the checksum
    like black chocobo

I have a perfect save on my psone still
    and just dont wanna put all the work back into it lol

2. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

If you have a PS3 then you can get a memory card adapter for it and transfer the data that way. You can also use a DexDrive or similar adapter for the PC along with a regular PSP and cwcheat to do so.

3. Sicsuicide
    OP

United States
    I dont have a ps3 or psp anymore
    i could upload my file if
    someone wants to help me out

4. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sure, upload away. Oh, and a PSP Go is fairly cheap nowadays if you want a good portable system for emulation and such as all of them are downgradable to 6.20 for permanent CFW.

5. Sicsuicide
    OP

United States
    Here is just the save file insert into the SCUS94163 and gtg for converting http://www.mediafire...41a8uhw851a497v
    I really appreciate it
    and i had a psp go but it wasnt for me
    i cant even play my 3ds without the circlr pad pro addon or its to small for my hands
    (my finger get cramped or i have to interlock them)

6. Sicsuicide
    OP

United States
    anyone care to help me with this?

7. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    So you want it converted to a format the Vita can use, right(to transfer via CMA)? I'll give it a go.

I don't have a PS1 game on my Vita currently, so I can't test if it'll work or not, but it should, given that I used my DEX PS3 to "re-sign" the saves(I can elaborate how if you have a CFW or DEX PS3), used my PSP to create a VMP(exported from PS3 -> PSP), and then used CMA to move it to my Vita with no issue. It'd be a lot smoother to convert if I had a PS1 game, but alas. Anyway, here's my attempt(both VMP files are the same thing; I think the Vita requires both files to be present):

Link removed until I can figure this out

8. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Thank Neogaf for being awesome again, and Mr McWoot in particular.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41516289&postcount=12328

9. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    Thing is, I found that post earlier, and tried it(first I converted the saves on Sic's VMP to PSV files with my DEX PS3), but the Vita gives me an error saying it can't copy the file over, so something's getting messed up during the PS3 -> PSP conversion, I think..

Edit: The error is: "Could not copy some content items. (C0-14266-9)", which is weird, since all I did was replace one of the VMP files with the one I made from my PSP. No dice.

Edit 2: Was going the wrong way. I still get an error though, "Could not copy some content items. (C0-7935-4)", so I guess Sony's changed the virtual memory card encryption yet again..

Edit 3: Restarting the Vita seems to have fixed it. I'll reupload the files in a minute since the previous upload won't work.

Sicsuicide, try this one: http://www.mediafire...yfpstyz1athzxac

It should copy right over, in theory. If it doesn't end up showing up(I edited the PARAM.SFO to try and match the game on PSN), just backup whatever FF7 saves you have to your PC with CMA and then overwrite the *.PMV files with the ones I made, and it should transfer back just fine.

Here's a slightly easier way I found through trial and error, if you have a PS3, but not a PSP(slightly edited from a post I made on a different forum):
    1. Convert your PC PS1 memory card save to PS3 format(PSV) and copy it to your PS3. Search the web for how to do this, or get someone to convert for you.
    2. Run the PSOne game on your Vita at least once so it creates two virtual memory cards on your Vita.
    3. Connect your Vita to your PS3 and open CMA on your Vita.
    4. Go to PS3™ System -> PS Vita System.
    5. Go to Applications, scroll down to Save Data, and choose Playstation®.
    6. Select the virtual memory card(this is the PS3's list of virtual memory cards, don't get confused!) that contains your save.
    7. Select the save(s) you want to move and press Copy, then on the next screen, it will display another list of memory cards(this is on the Vita now), select the game's memory card, and it'll copy right over. Overwrite the save if prompted(assuming you really want to do it!).
    8. You're done.

Having all 3 consoles helps quite a bit. :P

10. Sicsuicide
    OP

United States
    Here is to hopes it worked lol.Yea just needed a fixed checksum
    as that save editor breaks the checksum of the save for the game.
    And i dont have a psp anymore to import the save
    I really appreciate it ty

11. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    No problem. It was a learning experience. :P