Greg1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi
I recently got myself Ps3 Fat CECHLO4 with OFW 4.82 . I jailbreaked tho web and got myself Multiman. Now i would like to have my trophies.
I read about launching PSN on CFW ps3. So i gotta use PSNinja then hold X in PSNPatch and i gotta do this everytime i launch my ps3. Im thinking bout this guide to use. Also in some guides they say to make not all 3 option in PSninja but only first and third. So which is right?
Are there anymore apps that can make online much safer?
Also are Sony banning my console from getting online or only my account?
Is there any diffrence in getting ban by playing games from disc and playing games from multiman?
If i have 4.82 and the newest soft is 4.83, how can i sign to PSN? I thought you have to have newest soft to do that.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm, I heard that PS ninja is outdated. If you have Webman installed and hold R2 and Triangle, it deletes custom firmware syscalls history (this also prevents you from accessing homebrew or any unofficial apps until you restart the ps3 however, you can still play pkg games).

From my understanding, the cfw syscalls can get you banned, as well as cheating online.. I usually keep my ps3 offline and before turning on my wifi, i first delete syscalls, then launch whatever game.

So basically, stay offline until you delete the syscalls.. There is a way to change your console id (if you get a console ban) but its difficult to find reliable sources for other console ids.

I haven't been banned yet, its been a few months since i jailbroke my ps3. (also haven't really played online too much)

Last edited by onibaku,

Greg1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not much a online player, but i luv to get the sweet trophies. So when i install this webman, i gotta hold R2+^ when starting console right? But when i do that i cant open multiman, so i gotta launch console normally, load the game through multiman and then what i gotta do to launch PSN safely? This Webman is gonna be good for playing with orginal discs but not much with multiman, or is it possible to have PS3 games as a pkg? Sorry if i ask newbie question im new to this scene.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm not much a online player, but i luv to get the sweet trophies. So when i install this webman, i gotta hold R2+^ when starting console right? But when i do that i cant open multiman, so i gotta launch console normally, load the game through multiman and then what i gotta do to launch PSN safely? This Webman is gonna be good for playing with orginal discs but not much with multiman, or is it possible to have PS3 games as a pkg? Sorry if i ask newbie question im new to this scene.

ahh okay. You dont need to press R2+Triangle while booting, you can press it anytime in the menu screen. You can also check your GPU and CPU temperatures by pressing start+select, I thought this was useful to see how my ps3 holds up during gaming sessions.

But i think as long as you have your psn account set up you should get trophies no? You dont have to be online as far as I know, or even signed in. I'm always offline and signed out but I still get trophies.

So basically after installing webman, when you're in the menu screen, press R2+Triangle. You should hear a beep sound from the ps3 and get a notification box in the upper right corner confirming that they deleted. Then you can somewhat safely set up your PSN account, as I'm assuming you haven't (note that deleting syscalls is not completely banproof, there is nothing completely banproof as far as I know).

Webman can be used to play "Folder Games" and you can load iso files (ps2 games).

But to play pkg files, all you need is multiman. It can be a little bit of a pain to transfer pkg games over 4gb but if you don't know how to do that I can try and guide you. For files over 4gb, you would have to either send them via FTP (from pc to ps3 using multiman) or split the .pkg file into many smaller files (i use a program called split4g), put them on a FAT32 USB drive in a folder called "packages", connect to ps3 and recompile it on the ps3 (using multiman), after you recompile the files, if you click install, it will take you back to the CFW main menu and then you can install through "package manager".

If you have a file that is under 4gb, just place it in the "packages" folder on the USB Drive and go straight to the "package manager" on the CFW main menu (no need for multiman). The pkgs are installed in the CFW main menu under "package manager".

Also, usually when you have a .pkg file, you also get a .rap or .edat file. These files are used to validate the license for ur ps3 (cause its basically a psn version of the game). To validate whatever game you installed, you need to put these .rap or .edat files into a folder called "exdata" on the FAT32 USB drive, insert the drive into the ps3 and run PSNPatch, then click L1 to install these files (you only need to do it once, even if u delete the game from the ps3 hdd I think)

Also, look into NoPayStation (its a program for the pc), its related to pkg games.

Dont worry, there's a lot of information out there and I was pretty confused at first too but I managed to find a suitable set up for myself eventually! I tried to explain it in an easy way but Im pretty tired, if you have more questions I can guide you. :)

Last edited by onibaku,

Greg1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But i think as long as you have your psn account set up you should get trophies no? You dont have to be online as far as I know, or even signed in. I'm always offline and signed out but I still get trophies.
Yeah but you have to sync trophies to your account, i mean i could do that like once a week that would solve problem.

But to play pkg files, all you need is multiman. It can be a little bit of a pain to transfer pkg games over 4gb but if you don't know how to do that I can try and guide you. For files over 4gb, you would have to either send them via FTP (from pc to ps3 using multiman) or split the .pkg file into many smaller files (i use a program called split4g), put them on a FAT32 USB drive in a folder called "packages", connect to ps3 and recompile it on the ps3 (using multiman), after you recompile the files, if you click install, it will take you back to the CFW main menu and then you can install through "package manager".
I learned to use split4g, so lets say i load the game through multiman,webman on, sign in and that will be it?

Also, usually when you have a .pkg file, you also get a .rap or .edat file. These files are used to validate the license for ur ps3 (cause its basically a psn version of the game). To validate whatever game you installed, you need to put these .rap or .edat files into a folder called "exdata" on the FAT32 USB drive, insert the drive into the ps3 and run PSNPatch, then click L1 to install these files (you only need to do it once, even if u delete the game from the ps3 hdd I think)
I downloaded MGS1 pkg file. The game works but i didnt get a .rap or .edat file with it so where can i get that or can i play safely with webman without this .rap/edat thing.

Also, look into NoPayStation (its a program for the pc), its related to pkg games.
i found this site it downloads .tsv files, whats should i done with it?

Also where can i get up to date links to Webman and PSNPatch? The versions i found are from year ago and i dunno if they hold up today.
Another question, i have a few games on discs most of them got a update. Can i do update to games safely with webman?
Bout temperatures which are safe and which arent, or when i should get worried bout it?

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I learned to use split4g, so lets say i load the game through multiman,webman on, sign in and that will be it?

Hmm you dont need to load pkg games through multiman or webman. You can use multiman to recompile pkg games larger than 4gb. So for Folder games I usually use webman, I load the game so the disc shows up on the XMB menu, press R2+Triangle to delete syscalls then log in to PSN then launch the game, all in that order (but this is to play online). I dont think you need to load any games to simply sync trophies.

I downloaded MGS1 pkg file. The game works but i didnt get a .rap or .edat file with it so where can i get that or can i play safely with webman without this .rap/edat thing.

I think most PS1 pkg games come without .rap .edat files, which is fine. If it runs then you're set :)

i found this site it downloads .tsv files, whats should i done with it?

To set up NoPayStation, you need to get the NPS Browser, tsv links and a pkg unpacker. (short video tutorial)

Also where can i get up to date links to Webman and PSNPatch? The versions i found are from year ago and i dunno if they hold up today.

For up to date links I usually check psx-place. But they're probably good enough, I don't think theyre updated regularly anymore as far as I know.

Another question, i have a few games on discs most of them got a update. Can i do update to games safely with webman?

If its a game update then yeah should be, but don't do any system software updates :D I always update my pkg games and haven't run into any issues.

Bout temperatures which are safe and which arent, or when i should get worried bout it?

Hmm my temperatures never reach 60 degrees (Celsius) but if it reaches over 68 degrees very quickly (in 30min-1hr), Id suggest installing an app on ur ps3 called Control Fan Utility (to speed up the Fan). If that doesnt help, you may need to change the thermal paste. I had to change my thermal paste but now it rarely reaches 60 degrees, even when running some of the more demanding games. But yeah keep an eye on that, the lower the temperature, the longer ur ps3 will last :D (you can also check temperatures while gaming, just hit the ps button on ur controller and press start+select)

flatty69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
ive been on psn for 2 months and as long as people dont report you or you go trolling people with mods GTA5 they not really banning like a back in the day i remeber when it was the last few months for gta 5 ps4 tranffer they where ip banning and console banning me every other day shit was crazy but i also made 20k off modding gta 5 transferable accounts lol

Greg1204

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i installed webman. I launched through multiman MGS collection, i turn on webman, and went onto sign in to psn but it said that i have to update OFW which obv i cant do, so how can i pass this?

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ahhh right, cause they released the 4.83 ofw... omg cant believe i forgot about that... I'll have to get back to you on that..

flatty69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So i installed webman. I launched through multiman MGS collection, i turn on webman, and went onto sign in to psn but it said that i have to update OFW which obv i cant do, so how can i pass this?
if you on rebug dex you dont need to update im on 4.82 rebug dex and no update is needed

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I never logged onto the PSN prior to hacking, I can't figure out how to login to my now hacked PS3.... which sucks cause I really want to play some LBP2 and 3 levels from online creators :<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr