Homebrew [PSA] Please stop using RxTools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
You can't make dukesrg's fork an exception if you're talking about RxTools.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And this thread is practically flame bait.

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you serious? THIS is a problem for you? What CFW someone has installed on THEIR hardware?
I'm running latest Luma nightlies myself, but why should I bitch about it? Let that idiotic "master race"-thought out of your mind and stop being a moron.

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't make dukesrg's fork an exception if you're talking about RxTools.
But it's still in alpha, and it's only patching up bugs from Roxas75's 2.6 release at this point with a few extra features added.

Are you serious? THIS is a problem for you? What CFW someone has installed on THEIR hardware?
I'm running latest Luma nightlies myself, but why should I bitch about it? Let that idiotic "master race"-thought out of your mind and stop being a moron.
Not even talking about A9LH here, so great job for bringing it up.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
But it's still in alpha, and it's only patching up bugs from Roxas75's 2.6 release at this point with a few extra features added.

Alpha or not I still see rxtools

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

You're not talking about a9lh, but you're of course saying that rxTools-users are inferior and MUST stop using it. This is on-point "master race".

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"noob" lol

and oh boy here we go again it's like with the GATEWAY OH MY GOD

Last edited by DKB,

Pikm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not talking about a9lh, but you're of course saying that rxTools-users are inferior and MUST stop using it. This is on-point "master race".
I'm not. I'm saying the CFW itself, specifically the ROXAS75 version, is outdated and people should help THEMSELVES and get a better CFW. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Sumsquat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not. I'm saying the CFW itself, specifically the ROXAS75 version, is outdated and people should help THEMSELVES and get a better CFW. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Why are you even saying something dumb like that? No one cares for your opinion and that's okay. So stop trying to force people to listen to it.

Reactions: DKB

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't force us to use a cfw if you don't think its good. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion anyways

I would agree with this sentiment, but seriously, rxTools is crap (Excluding the new version being worked on, which is most definitely an exception, considering the large development gap. Most people complaining about rxTools are not using dukes' build, and switching to that build or Luma is essentially the same amount of work). If you're using rxTools because "it works", and then decide to post about something not working as intended, you're an idiot. Switch to something that is supported before you ask someone to help. No one cares about deprecated software, and if you choose to use it, you're accepting the responsibility of solving your own issues.

Last edited by Townsperson,

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
I would agree with this sentiment, but seriously, rxTools is crap (Excluding the new version being worked on). If you're using rxTools because "it works", and then decide to post about something not working as intended, you're an idiot. Switch to something that is supported before you ask someone to help. No one cares about deprecated software, and if you choose to use it, you're accepting the responsibility of solving your own issues.
Yes but there are still some of the community that will answer rxtools questions. At least this isn't like Palantine cfw (which is dead at this point)

Reactions: x_master_1234

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the future 11.1 or something that makes Home Menu/ErrDisp/something important require newer 2.51-X FIRM might push lots of people off of the old rxTools and onto another cfw (Luma3DS mostly probably?). or at least duke_srg's rxTools because it's at least getting updated. until then, people are still going to use it for a while.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but there are still some of the community that will answer rxtools questions. At least this isn't like Palantine cfw (which is dead at this point)

Yeah, and then after they answer your question they'll say: "But you should switch to Luma." I know people still use RxTools, whatever. But, I don't think it's the best idea to be using a dying CFW just because someone is too lazy to switch over.

But, calling someone "stupid" or a "noob" because someone don't want switch over CFW's is just an asshole.

Reactions: Harvest God

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I agree. A9LH + Luma is clearly the way to go, and gives you complete brick protection, to top it all off.
RxTools is just garbage at this point.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know theres this thing called ignoring those threads with people asking questions after being confused and not knowing where to search or what to search. If you don't like rxtools then ignore it. And if you dont like noobs, you can kindly ask them to try to use something newer. But telling them no will make them use it more.

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see no reason why people who have everything already set up how they want it would need to change. Sure RxTools doesnt have all the features as Cakes and Luma, but it does what I want it to and it doesnt give me any problems. If I have an issue that I cant find the answer to, then I'll change. This thread should be aimed at people who are just starting with CFW, not people who are already on it
Grampa, please leave

"It just werks"

Last edited by jerrmy12,

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By telling us to stop using rxtools, you're practically telling us rxtools users are peasants. You're a margen67 for cfw
Thanks for the compliment :P
You know theres this thing called ignoring those threads with people asking questions after being confused and not knowing where to search or what to search. If you don't like rxtools then ignore it. And if you dont like noobs, you can kindly ask them to try to use something newer. But telling them no will make them use it more.
That's not how it works.
Grampa, please leave
I bet they still use MSET :rofl2:
"dont fix wut aint broek"
am i right guys?
the future 11.1 or something that makes Home Menu/ErrDisp/something important require newer 2.51-X FIRM might push lots of people off of the old rxTools and onto another cfw (Luma3DS mostly probably?). or at least duke_srg's rxTools because it's at least getting updated. until then, people are still going to use it for a while.
Unfortunately.

Last edited by Margen67,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

True, but at the very least, you can't expect a quick solution. Most people have moved to things that are supported, so when you get people complaining about "H&S injection not working through rxTools" or "I can't find firmware.bin" or (the best) "How do I setup X version of rxTools" (Since every damn version required a different setup...), the best answer is usually "Stop using rxTools".

It's like using Windows 98 (Or XP, but I did love myself some Windows 98) in 2016. It works, and it is actually stable as shit, but seriously, just upgrade. For every 10 people using Windows 98, there's a few thousand using Windows 10. You might not like it, but it's where the support is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1