[PSA] Please stop making PSA threads.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MadMageKefka, Jan 8, 2017.

1. MadMageKefka
    OP

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Lol, ok. Seriously tho, I can't believe how many PSA threads have popped up recently. Dont do these things when hacking your 3ds. Stop using youtube tutorials, etc, etc. Listen guys, I know that you just want to help, but let's think about this for a sec...

Do you think people come here and read through random threads BEFORE they attempt to hack their system? Of course not. All these brick or problem threads happen AFTER the person screws up. If they read things here first like everyone seems to think, then those people would probably not have any problems considering they were here doing research first. A person has to actually see a PSA before the bad thing happens for it to actually help.

Again, I don't mean to be rude, I get that people just want to help, but use common sense for a second and I think you'll agree that the only thing these PSA threads are doing is cluttering up the forum.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    This made me lmoa' for every time I see this without a mods consent of doing it themselves.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
  4. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    Agreed. We need less clutter. The 3dsguide is the ONE guide to rule them all.

5. MadMageKefka
    OP

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    I would like to add I mostly did this for the joke title. I'm aware that this will likely change nothing.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    inb4 "[PSA] Stop making PSAs for PSAs" becomes a title for a thread.

MadMageKefka likes this.
  7. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    This. I love how the people try to defend themselves for cluttering up the board. "oh no i'm "helping the cause" and your just shitposting in my thread get out". It's fucking stupid and I wish the mods would remove retarded "PSAs". The people that make them think they're making a difference while the only people who view them are not noobs, but people registered on this site for a while. PSAs don't help.

el_gonz87 likes this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Doesn't it seem redundant to make a thread telling people not to clutter the board, but in return is only cluttering the board?

9. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    It's kinda like fighting fire with fire.

It doesn't do anything

10. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    The shitposting of users is ridiculous

11. CreAtor135

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    I mean, yeah but without the heads up, the cause it's trying to contribute to will crumble

It's like having a bunch of people on a server and then someone tries to make an announcement telling people to leave the server, when in turn his announcement contributed to people joining the server. It's counter-intuitive, but sometimes it's beneficial to put your foot on the table and at least try to get your message across.

12. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    The only PSA threads I've seen are this one and the two mentioned before the "etc etc". The first, I'll assume, is Stop using RxTools, and the second was trying to get people to stop using Youtube tutorials and popped up recently. Please stop using RXTools was posted in September too, so I really don't see the point in this thread. Unless I just missed a few PSA's.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  13. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    It would hold more weight if the person doing it was either staff or a high ranking member. Otherwise this thread can be summed up with this video.

MadMageKefka likes this.
  14. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I think this could birth a new word for shitposting, diarrheaspamming. Maybe it needs a PSA?

15. CreAtor135

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    You missed quite a lot actually. It's okay though bb, you're fine.
    It's not exactly a case of someone 'acting stupid'. It's more like someone wanting to make a change when someone of authority doesn't have the means to do so. Call it, 'protesting' if you will. Issues like these often end up in a weird spot because while it's good to try and make a good case and counteract the cause you're fighting against, it also contributes to it by just being there.

Boogieboo6 likes this.
  16. Kyubnyan

Kyubnyan GBAtemp Fan

Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    Nice shitpost, you earned another internet. ;P

17. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Expect in this case, they really aren't fixing the problem and the problem they are trying to fix really isn't an issue. Basically, the thread is redundant

18. CreAtor135

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    Ahh, so that's where the basis of your response is. You believe the case that op is making isn't an issue. Okay, well that's subjective. Personally, I do believe it's an issue, but only when it permits to be one.

For example, getting a wave of people attempting to spread unoriginal ideologies that won't help anyone in the long run. (@Everyone that's making these pointless PSAs)

PSAs like your 'Stop using rxTools' work because it presented actual problems that were present with a CFW that was popular among people on this forum. People making PSAs about following video guides instead of the "holy bible of 3d shacking" won't work because the people they're targeting don't use this forum in the first place, thus making them useless.

In OPs case, this PSA can work because it presents a problem with the forum it's posted on, and it properly expresses why that problem is a problem in the first place. Yes, it contributes to the very problem it's fighting against, but at the very least it's attempting to combat an issue and has the proper parameters to do so.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  19. Jixun.Moe

Jixun.Moe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    York
    [PSA] Please stop making PSA threads about stop making PSA threads.
    /s

20. MadMageKefka
    OP

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Yay! You got the joke!