Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Video games have developers, directors, teams, each of which needs to make money to survive. $10 isn't much in the grand scheme of things, and games even cost more back in the day. I'm perfectly fine with waiting out the launch price for a sale, or just supporting the devs at full price if I'm confident the game is good.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Video games have developers, directors, teams, each of which needs to make money to survive. $10 isn't much in the grand scheme of things, and games even cost more back in the day. I'm perfectly fine with waiting out the launch price for a sale, or just supporting the devs at full price if I'm confident the game is good.
you're telling me game devs are people? impossible

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an annoying move, but adjusting for inflation, a game bought in 2010 at $60 is equal to about $75 today. Its hard for me to fault the move too much when you do adjust for inflation and charging $70 is comparatively a little less than charging $60 only a decade ago.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for boycotting the PS5, until they not only bring the Yuffie DLC to the PS4, but also the rest of the damn game without anymore bullshit.

iialaq01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’m totally fine paying a fixed price for game. Why the blood sucking charges from DLCs, in game purchases and contents?!!!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m totally fine paying a fixed price for game. Why the blood sucking charges from DLCs, in game purchases and contents?!!!
Now, if the DLC is a genuine expansion to the game, something that wouldn't exist without the game being a success to begin with to keep the devs working on more content for the game, I can understand that. BUT, if the extra content they ask you to pay for is already done and ready for the game when it ships, or if they're minor things that get microtransactioned on top of a full price game, then all of that stuff should not be locked behind an additional paywall.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
70 busck in today's money is basically nothing. You might be too young to remember, but by today standards original retail price of Super Nintendo games is higher than ps5 games when adjusting for imflation.

Reactions: Cyan

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always find it really funny that children bitch and whine about the idea of game prices going up, y'know given most games cost EXPONENTIALLY more to make than they used to in previous generations

But then ALSO bitch when developers/publishers add microtransactions to compensate for the fact the "full price" is really pretty inadequate to recover costs

It's clear entitled morons just want everything for free and developers should be chained in a basement and forced into slavery. Just wait for a price drop or sale dumbass.

It's adorable when people suggest a "boycott". Lmao. Yeah Sony is really hurting for your $60 kid, whatever will the PS5 do losing one sale amidst the million others. Boycotts never work

iialaq01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see some offensive replies. It looks like I upset some fanboys by complaining about high MSRP from their company (that they own :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:). I expressed my point of view that many people can’t afford the increase in prices on the top of microtransaction. Sony sells the same exact game on PS store a $60 for PS4 version but they charge $70 for PS5 version. Is that acceptable? I don’t see it from my end and whatever you think it’s up to you but don’t impose your opinion on me or others.

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
I see some offensive replies. It looks like I upset some fanboys by complaining about high MSRP from their company (that they own :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:). I expressed my point of view that many people can’t afford the increase in prices on the top of microtransaction. Sony sells the same exact game on PS store a $60 for PS4 version but they charge $70 for PS5 version. Is that acceptable? I don’t see it from my end and whatever you think it’s up to you but don’t impose your opinion on me or others.

They're not imposing anything on anyone. They're expressing their opinion on the matter the same as you are.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought Miles Morales, Demons Souls and Returnal on day one. I think they are worth the price, money is losing value, inflation will go through the roof anyway... anyway you got discounts all the time, and still now the used games market exists and is a good alternative. I don't think I would play the new Ratchet and Clank any time soon, so I will just wait for the price to come down on that one (or I will just buy it whenever I have free time to play it). I don't think a boycott is necessary, it is possible to get games cheap... well, at least I won't boycott, I don't think it is an first necessity product... it is not something you need only something you indulge into.

PS: And yes, Miles Morales was not full price, but I didn't want to rebuy it with the remake of what I already played on PS4. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

iialaq01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Miles Morales, Demons Souls and Returnal on day one. I think they are worth the price, money is losing value, inflation will go through the roof anyway... anyway you got discounts all the time, and still now the used games market exists and is a good alternative. I don't think I would play the new Ratchet and Clank any time soon, so I will just wait for the price to come down on that one (or I will just buy it whenever I have free time to play it). I don't think a boycott is necessary, it is possible to get games cheap... well, at least I won't boycott, I don't think it is an first necessity product... it is not something you need only something you indulge into.

PS: And yes, Miles Morales was not full price, but I didn't want to rebuy it with the remake of what I already played on PS4. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted.

I appreciate kind replies that they don’t attack authors. Perhaps some worth the money if they’re big titles and exclusive on PS5 like Returnal and demon souls but what it doesn’t make sense to me is that some titles available on both platform PS4 and PS5 and yet they over charge for the PS5. Why?! I think because they want to set a standard for PS5 game pricing. I think it’s not publisher/developer call for the two different pricing. I think it’s Sony’s call that is why I am pretty upset about the fact Sony is being anti-consumer.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe now purchasing a game will seem like an investment and you'll spend more time playing each that you purchase. That's opposed to buying all sorts and never playing or at least finishing them. As for the increase, I highly doubt your dissatisfaction with prices going up are going to result in Sony changing what they charge for them.
You are technically only renting the games even when you own the disc as well... Or did you forget about bios bomb? Or you know.. whitelists.. or -any- number of ways they could make you're discs nothing but coasters.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don’t see it from my end and whatever you think it’s up to you but don’t impose your opinion on me or others.

Boy, the irony is lost on you, huh?

Anyway, the price going up was inevitable. I don't understand it from the business side. Just the consumer side. However, I also understand why. Costs are going up. The best action to take is wait for the sale that usually happens within the first 6 months, if you really want the game.

iialaq01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy, the irony is lost on you, huh?

Anyway, the price going up was inevitable. I don't understand it from the business side. Just the consumer side. However, I also understand why. Costs are going up. The best action to take is wait for the sale that usually happens within the first 6 months, if you really want the game.

Haha. I guess you got me here but pay attention to what I meant in the first place! I proposed boycott and some replies and by some I mean #30 were so offensive that they want to impose their opinion on me. Others who are nice gentle like #33 disagreed and I respect that. Anyways you’re right about just waiting few months for sale. Perhaps that will convince Sony to fix their pricing system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?