Gaming PS4 to PS5 game saves?

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if games that have a PS4 and a PS5 version is it possible to transfer PS4 version save to the PS5 version of the game? Also does modded games saves from Game Save Wizard PS4 game transfer to the PS5 version of game?

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if games that have a PS4 and a PS5 version is it possible to transfer PS4 version save to the PS5 version of the game? Also does modded games saves from Game Save Wizard PS4 game transfer to the PS5 version of game?
Not too sure but i do know you can transfer your ps4 saves to your ps5, perhaps load up the save on the ps4 version on your ps5 then update and try if the save still works using the ps5 version. Should work fine although i don't know for sure.
With the modded stuff i have no idea, i wouldn't bet on it quite yet.

Reactions: godreborn

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
I am afraid not, because they are considered different 'games' by the system. But it might be that some games have this functionality somehow built in.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my best knowledge no... some PS4 games will just be upgraded but like another person said the games are coded differently. You should only be buying PS5 games only imo. Mostly all PS4 games are BC on the PS5 so it serves no point of buying the PS5 variant.

Think of it like the Last of US you couldn't use the PS3 save on your PS4 it's kinda the same thing. (I'm still very pissed off because of that)

I still don't know why Sony does this if the games are BC when they can just upgrade all the PS4 games. If people obtained FF7 remake via PS Plus why buy the game again on the PS5? In my situation I had bought FF7 remake for $35 but a few months later they made it free on PS Plus

Also don't use hacked saves on your PS5... #1 it probably wont work anyway and #2 they will ban you.

Last edited by Goku1992A,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read that Sony updated the SDK to make the whole savegame issue a lot easier going forward. I think there are already a couple games that will automatically see a PS4 save and import it to PS5, whereas before you needed to do the ridiculous process of having both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game installed to transfer.

Reactions: tabzer

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am afraid not, because they are considered different 'games' by the system. But it might be that some games have this functionality somehow built in.
like cross play (world of final fantasy has a way of doing that between Vita and PS4 so i'm pretty sure crossplay (might) be sooner or later come to a ps5

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
like cross play (world of final fantasy has a way of doing that between Vita and PS4 so i'm pretty sure crossplay (might) be sooner or later come to a ps5

That is a per game basis, and such method relies on the company hosting their own server to facilitate the transfer--which would stop working if the company shuts down or the servers go offline. The good thing about the SDK update is that it wouldn't rely on an external server, but developers would still have to elect to take advantage of it.

RichardSamson

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think there are already a couple games that will automatically see a PS4 save and import it to PS5, whereas before you needed to do the ridiculous process of having both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game installed to transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over